WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Weekly Memory Verse

I've been on vacation for a week, so I'm excited to get back to it this week! Plus, my friend Ben was so thoughtful and he gave my husband and me the same Topical Memory System that he's using for his missionary work with college students since he knows I've been doing memory verses on my blog. So let's get started!

Review (I really need to work on reviewing the past weeks!!)

Luke 10:27 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself."

Colossians 2:6-7 "So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

Psalm 119:9-11 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”

Psalm 86:11 “Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.”

New verse:
Joshua 1:8
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. then you will be prosperous and successful.

If you're doing this memory verse with me, please stop back during the week sometime and let us know how you're doing! What method do you use to memorizing?? And remember, come back next week for a new verse!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for giving me my "big break"! I'm now famous that I've made your blog :)

Joshua 1:8

"Do not let this book of the Law depart from your mouth. Meditate on it day and night that you may be careful to do everything written in it, then you will be prosperous and successful"

Joshua 1:8

Sarah said...

This is a really cool idea and I have been convicted for some time about memorizing more Scripture. I tend to like to memorize it in bigger chunks (like, a whole chapter), but I just haven't made myself do that for quite a long while, so it might be good to start with realistic goals for the moment. Thanks for the idea! I've posted the verse on my blog, too. :)

Sarah said...

I feel like the verse is going well - I was already familiar with it, so memorizing isn't hard. I've found it SO encouraging, too, to keep reflecting back about it, since it really is a challenge to me to keep God's word right in mind all day... how is it going for you?

Annie said...

I may join in with you this coming Thursday. I think hiding the word in your heart is so important.