WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not just a box.

I'm trying to use this blog for parenting/mom/wife/personal posts and the other blog for kid news, family updates, and pictures. Though it's harder to separate than I thought! (and no, Paul, I'm still keeping both blogs). Anyhoo... just wanted to share a fun project I worked on while the kids were in bed/napping this week: a play kitchen made out of cardboard boxes (mostly diaper boxes!). Check it out, I think it turned out really nice and Eli loved playing with it all day today! I don't anticipate it will last REAL long, seeing as it's only cardboard and I have a rowdy 2-yr old boy, but it'll be fun for now! And it was fun for me to create! Only had to buy a good sturdy roll of packing tape and bottle of rubber cement. Already had scissors and construction paper. How's this for a cheap toy!

the white box on the left is the fridge, in the middle is a drawer with the microwave on top, and on the right is a cupboard.
inside of the fridge
the drawer, counter top, window, and microwave
stove and cupboard
inside the cupboard, except now we have a more things to put in it once we made a trip to the local thrift store!
and my toddler having so much fun!
Sooo, whatdoyathink?? Did I do good??

7 comments:

Holly said...

You are so smart andc retive! You did great!! I don't think I would ever even THINK of an idea like this, much less rbing it to fruition. Very cool of you, Sarah!!

Darla said...

Very Cool I know Kenna would LOVE it!

bp said...

Very creative! He looks like he's having so much fun! Thanks for the post. I was thinking just this week about not reading your blog lately but thinking I had it on my Google Reader. Then I remembered you have the other one for the kids and I don't think it is on my reader.

Have a good day!

BellaMama said...

That is soo cute! They'll love it and maybe overlove it! Just watch when for some unknown reason they decide they want to sit on it or turn it into a slide? Go figure...I guess that's why they make the expensive store ones outta tough plastic!
I hope it lasts and they enjoy it for many, many, many hours!
BLessings!

happyrockcafe said...

Homemade stuff is the best. Beth called me this morning asking if I would go to the thrift store to hunt for rain boots. I asked her if she had some of Ryan's old black rainboots and then suggested that she just paint some "girly" stuff on them. She was so excited to have a productive art project for the girls to do... they used sparkly puff paints. If it comes off they can just do it again.

Sarah said...

Wow-wee! You've got some really creative juices flowing. Thanks for the idea!

Mary said...

That is AWESOME!