WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
Contagious Joy

Personal Goal
We're starting our workout again this week! I know I've been saying that every week, it seems. But this week we really are, now that Kevin's back on a normal work schedule for awhile.

Must Do
* make budget spreadsheet
* clean up house for family coming

Zone
Play room. Need to get it mostly cleaned out so Kevin's mom can sleep in there next weekend.


Husband Encouragement
With Kevin's new job I've been having a hard time understanding how Kevin feels so tired at the end of the day. He suggested that while he's in training school for the next 5-6 months I get up and go to bed the same as him. I am not a morning person like he is so the thought of getting up at 4:30/5am every morning sounds horrible. But I decided I'm going to do it!

We were off to a good start already this morning! While Kevin was in the shower I got up and made the bed, so our room already looked nice when he came back in to get dressed which I'm sure he appreciated not having to do in the dark (with me usually still sleeping). Then I went downstairs, put coffee on, cleaned up a few more things around the house, started boiling some eggs for his lunch, set the trash out, and sat down to plan the day. After Kevin was dressed and came downstairs, I got him some breakfast (just yogurt today since we're almost out of milk) and we sat down to read a chapter out of this book that we haven't touched in a full year at least. Then I asked what I could do for him today and I helped him get his lunch ready before wishing him off to a good day! 'Twas very a nice start to the day, and I'm excited to continue this routine!

Train Them Up
Learning about Easter!

Menu Plan

Monday - loaded baked potato
Tuesday - Italian style rice and beans, peaches
Wednesday - taco pizza, pears
Thursday - cauliflower soup
Friday - turkey panini, carrots, orange
Saturday - chicken kiev, curried rice pilaf, cheesy vegetables, baked apples with homemade granola and ice cream
Sunday - ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, hot rolls, jello fruit salad, angel food cake

Fun Things
* I might try to paint the kitchen this week! Using birthday money, I purchased my paint!
* This week we might also knock out the wall between our dining room and pantry, so it's a bigger dining room.
* Kevin's whole family (mom, dad, nannie, sister, and BIL) is coming to stay at our house next weekend for Easter!!
* Kevin's back to working a normal schedule for the next 5 months!

1 comment:

bp said...

I love your plan to get up with your hubby. I'm not a morning person either. I think my hubby would be surprised if I started this!! hmmmmm