WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
continue Created to Be His Help Meet

Memory Verse
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Husband Encouragement
Just do the dishes. The last thing I feel like doing after cooking a meal and getting through actual dinner is washing all the dishes. Lately I've gotten in the bad habit of letting them sit at the table, hoping that someone will do them instead. Then we get busy with the kids and their bedtime, and it's 10pm when realize the dishes are still at the table! Yikes! And that's even worse than if I just sucked it up and did them in the first place. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. Enough with the expectations. I'll just do them myself and making us all happier!

Train Them Up
"There is a time for everything." Ecclesiastes 3:1 I might try to come up with a silly game/lesson to practice this idea.

Personal Goal
Figure out a mission statement for my homemaking. That's Day 3 of this housekeeping challenge. I'm not really following the days, just moving through it slowly. I've been working on keeping a daily "Six List" and now I'm ready to keep going with it. So stay tuned for my personal mission statement!

Must Do
* Put important documents away.
* Make Dr. appointments for Hannah (18 months already!) and me.
* Try to find shot records. Hmm???

Zone
THE VAN. Ick! I totally have not left a full bottle of sweet tea in the van since our vacation July 4th weekend! Time for a major clean-out!

Menu - another short week, yay!

Monday - sausage and bacon pizza, pineapple
Tuesday - cheeseburgers, oven roasted potatoes, oranges
Wednesday - sausage and rice casserole, cooked carrots, peaches
Thursday - lil' smokies, green beans, applesauce

Fun Things
* I've arranged a get-together to see several college friends (and their babies) this weekend. Yay!! It's only about once a year that we all see each other, and I just love it! So we'll be traveling about 5 hours to go stay with friends up in Northeastern Iowa.


2 comments:

Jules said...

How's the book going? I have been doing the "six list" for about 2 weeks now and it is really keeping me on track! I love that it is so simple and I can just write down my list in my little planner every night before bed. I sleep so much better because my head is clear of my "to do" list, I guess! I get soooo much more done just by writing 6 little things down, it's amazing!! On the very busy days, I just go for 3. That way I don't become discouraged because I shoot for 6 and fail! Anyway, thanks for the link to the great idea...

Your menu sounds yummy, too! I really admire you for all of the traveling you do with the kids! We hardly ever go anywhere that requires much driving time!! Kudos for your patience with car trips!! :)

Hope you are having a great Monday; talk to you soon!!

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

So I was thinking about your dishes dilema. Here's some ideas because I'm sure it is not exciting at all to see dishes out late at night. I just want to flop into bed by then... and usually do!

- How about getting the kids involved so you feel like your not doing it all on your own. Hannah could carry all the plastic things to the kitchen (kids plates, cups, condiments) and Eli could bring the bigger items. We do this with Colby, he's in charge of bringing the dishes from the table (obviously not huge breakable things) to the counter by the sink. He loves being involved and usually runs back and forth to get the things from whoever is overseeing the clearing process.

- OR.... if you think it would just be easier to spend half the time doing it yourself and get the kids out of your hair so it can get done, fast, and simple with no extra messes. What about doing a 15 minute blanket time while your cleaning up? Keeps them occupied, they already know that process and would give you 15 minutes to breathe and feel like 1 job is done without the extra hassle.


Just some thoughts!
Good Luck!
Let me know what you figure out!
Kristen ;)