WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Meanderings - Sept. 22




Bible Study... A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George and Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst. Plus I've been praying thru the Psalms each morning with the A.C.T.S. format and it's so fulfilling.

Memory Verse...  Psalm 16:11
"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me join in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Make sure we're stocked with work foods he can take in
♥ Make him breakfast when he gets up. 
♥ Organize and tidy the house. 

Train Them Up...
* Homework routine--math and spelling each night, without interruption-ha!
* Evening reading time--loving what we're reading right now and the kids are really into it. (a biography about missionary Amy Carmichael) 
* Hannah--we're dealing with selfishness right now
* Eli--quality time and conversation with him. 
* Carter--obedience and respecting other people's space. also working on handwriting
* Schedules -- continually choosing what to be involved in and what to pass. We're trying something new with gymnastics this year... picked the same day as AWANA and gonna try out having multiple things in one night vs having things multiple nights every week. We like to be home and stay home once kids are out of school for the day. >>there's a new gymnastics time slot opening up and we COULD switch days but I'm actually liking having gymnastics and AWANA on the same night and being "forced" to have a picnic once a week--kinda cool cuz we love picnics and it turns out that 30 minutes is PLENTY of time to eat a sandwich dinner especially when the church is just 3 blocks away.
* Church time - I've been experimenting with different notes worksheets lately. (love these and seeing how well Eli especially fills these out and afterward going over questions they have). But Carter has been sitting in church with us the last few months and is a distraction and I'm working with them all about sitting quietly, still, and hands in their own space. Soo frustrating!!

Personal Goals...
* be careful of what and when I'm eating. =S

New Habit of the Month...  {september}
daytime routine and tackling household projects!

MUST Do... 
* return borrowed books
* sell DVDS
* take things to basement that I've sorted out
* make babysitter arrangements for in 1.5 weeks

Zone(s)... office and living room. Hannah's "creations" take over everywhere.

Menu - 

M - marinated chicken
T - spinach quiche, peaches
W - sandwiches 
Th - creamy pesto pasta with chicken
F - one-pot mac & cheese chili
S - appetizer night - Italian crescent ring

FUN THINGS!
* Bible study adventures this week
* driving a friend to an out-of-town appointment tomorrow
* gonna try to get kids in bed early tomorrow night so I can participate in the IF:Gathering online. I've never done this before but have always been intrigued!
* Volleyball Thursday morning--one of my favorite things ever!
* possibly attend a varsity volleyball game at the school--we've never done this and Eli's been asking

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Our school. They really emphasize reading, healthy habits, good character, and parent involvement. Each year they're always re-evaluating and making changes, always toward the better! 
2. Feels like everything's been falling into place this year--new opportunities to utilize my schooltime hours yet still have an unhurried schedule.
3. Accountability and conversations with friends as we go thru Bible study together. Thankful to have those special people in my life that I can be real with and share my questions.

No comments: