WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fat-burning FOOD??



I've been working hard-core on my fitness/weight-loss goals and have worked out for 8 days in a row now!  And now recently I've been looking into the benefits of interval running and now foods that can help burn fat too.

Oh yes, you might have heard this before, but there are FOODS that can burn fat for you!!  How cool is that! "Some foods require more calories to digest than they contain. Also, some foods boost your metabolism thus causing you to burn fat faster than just diet and exercise alone"

So I was looking through the 101 Fat Burning Foods list and trying to make meal options using only things on the list, and it's so do-able!  Now don't get me wrong, there's a lot there I DO NOT LIKE, like hot peppers, eggplant, fish, sardines, etc.  But there's a lot there I normally eat anyway, like blueberries, cranberries, apples, spinach, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, turkey, and so much more!

Here are some meal ideas I came up with using only the list (granted it's FINE to not JUST do this list but I was just playing and seeing what can be made with JUST THIS):

Breakfast
1. oatmeal with fresh blueberries

Lunch
1. spinach salad topped with cranberries and nuts and an oil dressing, fresh cauliflower
2. turkey/spinach sandwich on whole grain bread, beets (I used to like them when I was kid, maybe I still do??)
3. tuna sandwich on whole grain, broccoli, apple
3. bean soup, or white chili soup

Dinner
1. pork chops with light seasonings
2. lemon-pepper chicken
3. chili

Snacks
orange (citrus fruits are even more effective on an empty stomach), milk, peaches, green tea, caffeinated coffee actually helps burn calories (but not if you load it with sugar and cream like I do!)

Check out the links and leave me some more meal ideas!!



No comments: