WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Mommies...

Parenting is truly the hardest job in the world, especially that of a mother who, in most circumstances, carries the heaviest weight of child rearing. I don't know if you're like me, but I struggle daily with the challenges it brings. It's exhausting, dealing with the same issues all day every day--sibling squabbles and fussing. Disciplining and correcting every time. Anger yet trying to show patience. Dealing with constant demands whether it be preparing a meal, fetching juice, changing a diaper, wiping a bottom, or feeding a baby, etc And that's not even touching the responsibilities of house keeping. It's just demanding. And really we see so little for our efforts, receive so little appreciation.

But I don't write this to complain. I write this to offer hope. There are many rewards of parenting. Children are beautiful, one of life's very greatest blessings. And it is God's will for me to raise and cherish them. He will provide the strength I need for each day, each moment, if I seek Him.

I came across this verse doing my Bible study the other day, and it was very encouraging and I wanted to share.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. " Galatians 6:9

Let us not become weary as we parent our children, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up! These are our children! Be blessed!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you a hundred times over for this.
I read the same Bible verse the other day...coincidental?

My thoughts are that if we stay consistent and strive for the things you mentioned in our parenting, then we'll see the rewards when they grow up to become good, Godly people as well. When we see them servings others, teaching their own children to pray, etc.

It IS exhausting, and requires more strength than I ever imagined. It certainly makes me appreciate my own mother more (who stayed home and raised all 8 of us)

Thank you for this post. And for what it's worth, I can't imagine you ever being one to grow impatient or yell.

Laura Langreck said...

Sarah,
I got tears in my eyes when I read this because it sure is hitting home right now. I just can't seem to keep up with housework, and feel like I'm being less than the mom I should be when I let Jackson watch 3 hours of cartoons some days while I try to get it all done!
Thank you for the encouragement!
Laura

cryssi said...

Thank You Sarah for the encouragement today...and just when I needed it too! Yes, it is exhausting, it is so much more than I ever thought possible....and being a homeschool mom, a break doesnt come at school time every morning...and no, I am not complaining either. I love what I do!!!! I am so thankful everyday that God called me to teach my kids at home and that my husband is a wonderful provider for our family and that I am not in a situation where I have to work...

And that verse is going on my fridge this week! Thanks so much!!!

Blessings and prayers
Crystal

The Fischer Family said...

All I can say is Amen! And what a blessed assurance that passage brings to my heart as I struggle (and sometimes fail!) at being a good parent. But I tell myself that tomorrow is another day! God bless you and your family Sarah! I hope you're doing well!