WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

5 minutes of peace.

I wanted to go to town for a walk this morning with the kids.  But as I was switching their car seats from the truck back to the van I realized it's really too windy for a walk.  Since we were already outside and ready to go I decided we'd just go for a drive instead.  I really wanted out of the house, some fresh air, and a to-go trip so hopefully Carter would sleep a longer nap this morning.  About 20 minutes from our house and hidden in the middle of cornfields is a beautiful lake.  (here are the pics from last fall)  So we headed there.  While there I parked the van and told the kids to wait a few minutes in the car and just look at books or something.  I put on the radio for them and left them for a few minutes of solitude.  I found a spot right down by the water and just rested in God's presence,  telling Him that I'm really struggling, and pleading for Him to help me through my days because I can not do it on my own.  I prayed for God to wash over me with strength... and patience... and peace.... Then I closed my eyes and just listened to the water splash against the shore..... I sat there in the quiet taking it all in.... Ahhh.... Then I walked back to the van and we drove home.  5 minutes of PEACE.  A QUIET MOMENT WITH GOD.  Just 5 minutes.  And just what I needed.  Away from it all.

Today I encourage you to find a special place that brings you peace.  A mid-day bubble bath during naptime, down by the flower garden, out on your porch swing, at a park, wherever it is...Leave your kids (even if it's in the car like I did), leave your to-do list. Go there.  5 minutes.  Be with God.  Be renewed.  

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  Psalm 51:10-12

I am still tired.  Those 5 minutes didn't give me a 180 or anything, but man, did it feel good and enough boost for me to get through today

4 comments:

Kris Hughes said...

Great advice! I needed that verse today! Glad you're feeling renewed as well!

S Club Mama said...

I am going to need to do that today. It's been a hard day around here too. I think I'm tired of being sick (and listening to Tristan's snuffles).
Thank you for always being so encouraging in your posts, even when your days aren't going quite as expected. What a wonderful woman of God you are!

Kathy said...

This is so beautiful. How amazing that we have a God who longs for us to sit with Him?
Praying you are sustained by Him daily. xoxo

Simple Life said...

You did the best remedy possible.. Find God in a quiet place and share your heart with HIM!

You are such an awesome encouragement to me! Thanks for being REAL!