WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

It's a new year.  A fresh start.  Not pregnant, babies are weaned, and I just feel free to work on things for myself this year.  You know what I mean??  So in no particular order here are a few things I want to do this year...

* Bible study daily.  I was actually gifted with a daily devotional for Christmas, so that already will help me with that goal.
* Establish workout routine.  I still have about 10 lbs to lose from having three babies.  I still don't know what's a good time of day to get all sweaty and nasty and need a shower again.  Winter months are so hard to get up early when it's so cold and dark out.  First thing in the morning, being an example to the kids and then having to find a time to take a quick shower and get dressed?  Probably not ideal, especially on preschool days.  First thing in the evening? Maybe, though that cuts in to hubby time.
* Establish a mentor relationship with one of the ladies from church.
* Invite people to our home more regularly.
* Finish house projects such that we can do so. (particularly the dining room trim and decor)
* Work on marriage.
* Arrange regular dates with Hubby.
* Less time on computer, more time with real people.
* Plan more play dates.
* Get back to letter-writing.  I love snail mail!
* Start couponing!


What are a few of your goals for the rest of the year???

4 comments:

bp said...

That's a neat cover to the devotional book you have, hope you enjoy it. I haven't seen that one.

I love snail mail also! I partcipate in an online group to send a card to a senior on our list at least once a week. It's a great program, my Meemaw loves it.

Mary said...

Will you be doing Monday Meanderings this year? I just posted mine. :o)
Happy 2011!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Yes, I will, Mary! We were away this weekend, late night return Sunday, exhausted Monday, and babysitting today, so I just haven't had time to get to it yet! My head is tired and heavy and a little stuffy, but I'll get to it! =)

Simple Life said...

It has been awhile since I have checked in on your blog.. You always get me motivated! I may have to steal a few of your goals.. My favorite is Establish a mentor relationship with an older lady at church! That is a great idea!