WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recipe: Mini Crab Cups

My friend Bonnie made these for a ladies fellowship night at church, and they were so good I asked her for the recipe!  Then I (with mom's wonderful help) made them for Carter's birthday party!  Something yummy, something fun, and something different from the norm!



Mini Crab Cups 
(I don't actually know what they're called)

24 sq wonton wrappers
1 Tbl butter/margarine melted
10 oz chopped crab meat
2 green onions w tops finally chopped (I should've thrown mine in the chopper so they were smaller than what you see in the picture)
1/3 c grated carrot
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Brush butter over each square of wonton and put in mini muffin cups.  Bake for 8 minutes.  LET COOL.  (I put that in caps because it's good to notice so you can add it in the time)  Mix all other ingredients together and spoon into cooled wontons.  Place back in oven for another 5 minutes or until filling is bubbly around edges.  Serve and enjoy!

* I threw each thing in my chopper (small food processor) and stirred it all in a medium-sized bowl.  Putting the wontons in the little cups is probably the hardest part.  Just takes a little time, so don't try to be rushed about it.

4 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Oh yummy! These remind me of crab Rangoon that you'd get at a Chinese restaurant except "open faced". I have to give these a try!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Oh we LOVE crab rangoon! But it has more of a creamy sweet-ish taste. These are more.. hmm... onion, carrot, garlic taste? Or something.

Bethany said...

we LOVE crab rangoon too! will have to try these!!

Servant Becca said...

Thanks! These were delicious and kinda fun...