WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Meanderings - Jan. 31

Today. is a weird day.  I don't really know what it brings.  And I don't want to think about it.  The packers are boxing up Jaesi's house.   And I don't like that one bit.  *sigh* But today I am watching two of her kiddos and the house is a thousand decibels louder, so for now I'm just going to think about what to make for lunch, and what movie to play this afternoon since there will be no nap time, and what things I need to do before tomorrow and not forget to change over the laundry to the dryer before it goes bad.  So that, is what today is and certainly nothing more. Nope, not at all.




Bible Study... Daily Seeds: from women who walk in faith

Memory Verse... John 15:5
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Encouraging words.
♥ No nagging.
♥ Laugh!  Ahh, it's felt so good to do that lately!

Train Them Up...
* Hannah's potty chart.  (she's almost completed potty training!!)
* PLAY with them.
* Chore wheel.  (they still do their regular cleanup before and after meals  n such and their "responsibilities" like making bed, getting dressed, putting shoes and cups away, etc, but I thought a chore wheel might be fun for other chores like wiping windows, laundry, n stuff.  I got one designed last week, now it's just actually MAKING it)

Personal Goals...
* Figure out a better shower routine.  I like to shower at night, but if I wait until we're ready to climb in bed, then Kevin's going to bed before me, and I don't like that to be the habit.  The morning time is not working out.  As soon as I plan to do that the kids start waking up earlier and earlier and earlier!  Today Eli and Hannah were both up at 6:25, and for me that's just too early.  For my standards it has to be at least close to 7am.  So I had them lay on each of the couches for 20 minutes before we got up up and ready for the day.  So anyway... oh yeah... about the shower... I think I'm going to start getting the kids to bed a tad earlier (closer to 7:30 instead of 8pm and then showering right after that.  Then will my hair will have time to dry before bed.  But I'm also getting ready to start a workout routine and then all that will probably change!  BAH!
* Maybe find a time my prayer partner and I can get together on a regular basis?

New Habit of the Month... 
* Completely clean off the couches at the end of the day.  (I've done this one before and I really liked that!  Helped so much with lingering clutter but now we've been slipping again!)

MUST Do... 
* Mail out Moppet postcards and finish planning the lesson.  (still waiting for the book to arrive that I was basing the lesson around!!!)
* Thank you cards.
* Get things ready for Hannah's birthday party. (party plates, etc)

Zone...
* Master bedroom.  We finally second-coated the bathroom, so now I'd like to start getting our bedroom ready for paint!
 
Menu - Jaesi unloaded her entire freezer on me (SCORE!) so now we have tons of food to cook up!

M - salads
T - chili dogs, salad
W - potato soup
Th - chicken-something
F - out
S - TBD

FUN THINGS! 
* I'm watching Jaesi's middle two today while the packers box up their house.  
* Tomorrow is our MOPS planning meeting.  
* Thursday is a playdate with my new friend Jess and her two kiddos.
* Friday evening I'm heading up to Paul and Holly's to babysit Claire so they can get out for a few hours.  They've had NO relief in 8 weeks, and with all the stress they've had with Claire's eating and now napping, I figured they could really use a break!  So I'll stay the night and head out again sometime Saturday morning.  
* Sunday is Hannah's birthday party!  Doing it a week early since Kevin works the following weekend.


3 things I'm thankful for today... 
1. Eli's being understanding about his friends moving away.  A lot better than the other day.  He says Hannah is going to be his new best friend.
2. New possibilities.  I am so sad Jaesi is moving away.  Really really truly.  But at the same time I feel like God has been opening new doors to new friendships too, and for that I am thankful.
3. Dreaming.  Dreaming about and planning a summer trip to Myrtle Beach.  In the midst of a cold, frosty, icy winter, the beach sounds pretty fabulous right about now!

Join me this week!  And leave your link below!  Have a fantastic Monday!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Just so you know - there is NO need to fix my links anymore! I asked Paul if he could make an alias link that re-routes to my blog and he did! He's a GENIUS!! So, you don't have to worry about it anymore, but thanks for hanging in there with me :)

In Light of the Truth... said...

I have NO IDEA what that means (alias link??) but Yay! Go Paul!

S Club Mama said...

So jealous that Jaesi's kids get to hang out with you today! Definitely need to plan something, my friend. I just need to get into a school routine :S (school...if it ever stops icing/snowing).