WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Meanderings - Nov. 24




Bible Study... just finishing A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George this week, still  praying thru the Psalms with the A.C.T.S. format on my own mornings and still loving that. Also doing daily Thanksgiving verses. 

Memory Verse...  Ephesians 4:2
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Just trying to keep the house tidy and need to get our bedroom dressers decluttered and dusted. 
♥ Will need to stock up some food in the house so he has things to eat while the kids and I are in Iowa this weekend.

Train Them Up...
* Continue being consistent with my nightly dinner helper routine. This is not only a good opportunity for quality 1x1 time with each child, but they are learning how to cook! AND learning to appreciate all the details involved in preparing a meal!
* Carter--he's our most strong-willed child and that's become very apparent and difficult lately. trying something new in handling these episodes (usually about once a week)
* Eli--trying to be a little more laid back and flexible with his homework these days. Really just want him to enjoy being home and getting to play as much as possible.
* Hannah--Been intentionally wearing the jewelry she's made for me, NOT just when she wants me to but just because sometimes too. Also thinking of starting a back-n-forth journal with her since she LOVES writing so much!
* Need to get back to bedtime stories--not sure what happened to that!?

Personal Goals...
>> I'm gonna be starting the "1 mile a day from Thanksgiving to New Year's" challenge. Feeling so flubby these days.

New Habit of the Month...  {november}
chore routine. use my time WISELY.

MUST Do... 
* Mail cards.
* Take clothes bins to basement now that I finally have the seasons swapped over.

Zone(s)... office.

Menu - 

M - turkey and rice soup (using up leftover turkey)
T - ham and cheese sliders (using up leftover rolls)
W - something
Th - THANKSGIVING
F - Iowa
S - something ;)

FUN THINGS!
* excited that we only have a few days of school this week and then we get to see Grandma and Grandpa this weekend!
* I get to hang out with a friend tomorrow, as I help take her around for errands. =)
* The Thanksgiving celebrations have been Re..aaa...lll.......y spread out this year and as much as I love Thanksgiving I'm just getting really excited for Christmas--I love the decorations and I love our family's nightly traditions and it's just such a lovely season full of memory-making.

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Afternoon Chai latte. My usual beverage choice around 2pm cuz I get chilly and want a sit-break with something cozy and yummy.
2. Some down time with my hubs today. We had family here this past weekend and it was nice to have a quiet day instead of bustling around with chores. Thankful for this time together.
3. Volleyball. It's one of my FAVORITE parts of the week, especially now that we're finally finding enough players to make it really FUN!! Such great exercise too but mostly it's just a heck of a lot of fun!

No comments: