WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Monday Meanderings - Feb. 3



I had this mostly ready to go on Sunday but just never had time to sit down to finish and post. So here we go a day late now...  P.S. NO CLUE what's going on with the spacing here! Looks fine when I type but looks wacky when I post!?

Bible Study... Jesus Calling devotional. Plus praying the A.C.T.S format, using new verses each day. It's been really fulfilling.

Memory Verse...  Hebrews 10:22-23
"...let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Conversation. Be more aware of things I can share with him, articles I read or conversations I had, etc. Because I stay home most of the time and basically see no one, I feel like I have very little to converse about. 
♥  Make something yummy this week.



Train Them Up...

* Eli -- try to find ways to build him up and encourage him. I kinda feel like I'm only hard on him.
* Hannah -- found her a pen-pal and going to help her write her first letter.

* Been trying to have "meal helpers" so each child gets one-on-one time actually helping and learning in the kitchen. They LOVE this, and I love when they are helpful! And I extra love when there's only ONE helper at a time and not THREE!  ;) 

Personal Goals...

* I've been back to the treadmill lately! 3.0 miles at least, alternating 0.2 walk (4.0 speed) and 0.3 run (6.0 speed) the whole time. It's a really comfortable interval for me, and then I've been alternating days between arm toning weights and muffin-top exercises afterward. LOL Need to stay consistent and keep drinking water! Though I DO have a weight goal I'd love to get to, I'm trying to focus on the good, healthy habits and not the numbers! So I'm avoiding even checking the scale right now and enjoying FEELING good!







New Habit of the Month...  {february}
Work on (at least) one project every week. Sooo many things just sitting and waiting that are ALLLLMOST done!!

Hopefully you'll watch as this list gets crossed off...
* deliver load of clothes to consignments
* deliver load of books to somewhere, anywhere!!
* restart work on family photo album
* continue painting hallway
* take Carter's 4-yr photos and write up an age summary 

MUST Do... 
* schedule appointment
* start choosing Valentine ideas
* order any birthday supplies for Hannah's party
* thank-you notes

Zone(s)... basement. We worked so hard to get it all organized and a workout space created, and now it's just blowing up again. It doesn't take long for cardboard to take over, along with tons of carpet scraps. It just needs cleaned up!!
 
Menu -

M -  asian salad (from a bag, I'll just add chicken)
T - taquitos
W - ham and rice
Th - roast and vegetables
F - steak and corn on cob
S - TBD
Su - TBD



FUN THINGS!

* Lunch with friends on Tuesday. 
* The Ken Ham vs Bill Nye LIVE debate Tuesday evening, our church is showing this so our whole family is going! Or if weather is bad, we'll watch at home.
* Volleyball Wednesday.
* Breakfast with a friend/mentor on Thursday.

3 things I'm thankful for today...

1. Quiet time in the morning. I love being able to wake up slowly. Even if Carter is an early riser, he is good about being quiet. 
2. A new pen pal for Hannah! I'm so excited for her!
3. Productive laundry days. Although yesterday was one in which i forgot to ever put the clothes in dryer so I have to rewash today! LOL


Have a great week, friends!



No comments: