WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birthday, Part 2

Goodness, I didn't intend for such time to pass between the last post and this one! But anyway, here we are...

We were planning on having a small birthday party for Eli, having two families over for fun in the pool and just good fellowship, with cake and presents of course! BUT sickness struck, including Eli, so we canceled. BIG bummer. I never had birthday parties growing up, so I was excited to do that for Eli so he could share his birthday with his friends.

We had a good day though despite the circumstances. He finished opening presents...

a play dough fun factory
and LOTS of books!
And then CAKE! Kevin was such a good help getting the cake together. This is definitely NOT my favorite thing to do in the world. I can't ever seem to get the frosting the right color. Last year Eli's red cake was just a dark pink. And this year since the brown wouldn't ever turn darker than just a real light brown, we added a drop of black which just turned into a dark gray. I decided to not even try the star-tipping of the frosting, and we just spread it out instead. Long and messy process but in the ended Mr. Bear turned out looking pretty cute anyway!
Eli's trying to blow out the candles. But they were a little too far away, so he got some help from Daddy.
Then we were just having some fun with the camera...
Eli's turn.
And now this week (today actually!) my mom is coming for a visit! So that's where I'll be!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

The cake turned out great!! I bet it was YUMMY too!! I am so glad your mother will be visiting. Have a wonderful time!!

Angie said...

The cake was VERY cute! For coloring help next time here is a helpful site:

http://www.wilton.com/cake/icing/colorchart.cfm

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thanks, Angie!!

bp said...

Nice job on the cake! Those family pictures are so sweet. I'm glad he had a happy day.

Sandi said...

You done a great job on the Cake!! Eli is a blessed little boy. Hannah is a blessed baby girl too!!

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

I love those great "fun with the camera" pictures - Eli is such a smiley kid! :)

The Fischer Family said...

What a cute cake, you guys did a great job! And, by the way, the star tipping isn't as hard as it looks! Honestly, give it a try!!!!

Oldqueen44 said...

Great pictures. Beautiful smiles.

cryssi said...

The cake looks delicious! And I bet Eli had lots of fun. Enjoy your visit with your mom!

Crystal

Jules said...

Girl, that cake is SO cute!!! You did a great job!! =) And, thanks for the sweet comment the other day. I am very grateful that you are praying for me & baby Drew! I am just running crazy trying to get everything ready and going through A LOT of change right now! You are so supportive & sweet!

I am glad that Eli had such a wonderful birthday, he looks SO happy!! =)

Hopefully, I will get a chance to email you later!

Love you,
Julie