WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Activity: Collages

I did this one with Eli a couple weeks ago. As we were cleaning things out for our move, I went through all my old magazines cutting out pictures for Eli to use to make collages. All kinds of pictures of things he relates to: dogs, Elmo, teddy bears, milk carton, flowers, flags, cars, balls...anything. I put them all in a baggie and in his craft box so they'd already be ready whenever we wanted to do this activity. The way we do it is I draw a star on the paper where I want Eli to glue, and then he sticks the picture on. If it's a big picture then I draw a big star, and so on. Just a simple thing, but he gets so excited about it!

4 comments:

bp said...

Another cute idea!

Collages with pictures from magazines are fun to do when you're learning the ABC's. THere is so much you can do with them, so easy and fun!

Anonymous said...

What a crafty and fun idea to come up with! Love, LT

Mary said...

Oooo I like this idea. I shall copy you!

The Fischer Family said...

Okay, you inspire me with all of these great ideas! You have wonderful ideas for keeping a toddler busy and he's learning so much too! This one goes into the idea file too, thanks for sharing!