WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My new favorite thing

So we just got a new double stroller system, Baby Trend Sit & Stand, right after we got back to Iowa. It's soooo nice to have since we weren't able to fit the double jogger in the van when we moved, and it got left behind with all the rest of our things. This serves a different purpose from the jogger though. The double jogger is GREAT for walking outside which I love to do, but because the front wheel does not pivot (meaning you have to lift the front in order to make turns) and it's pretty wide, it is not good at all for indoor use, which I knew when we got it (off Craigs List) so I'm fine with that. For quite awhile I could just put Eli in his umbrella stroller and Hannah in the front pouch, and I still do that sometimes, like at the grocery store, but if I'm in a place where I know Eli is going to want "up", like at a parade or aquarium or zoo, then I can't be carrying Hannah in the pouch. So we got this new stroller for outings or shopping, and right now since I don't have the double jogger, it's just fine for walks too! And wow, I love it!

Eli can stand on the back or sit (he likes to sit facing forward even though it's meant for him to ride backwards). And Hannah can sit in the front seat or if she was asleep in the car, then her car seat can transfer to the stroller. It's kind of bulky with the car seat on the front, but it's definitely nice to have that option, since no one likes to wake a sleeping baby! This stroller gives Eli independence and makes him feel like a big boy, while at the same time keeping him contained, which everyone knows is very necessary with a toddler! It's easier to get him to just "hop on" than to get him to hold my hand or strap into a stroller all the time.

This stroller is very lightweight and easy to fold! I can even fold it up and put it in the van while holding Hannah on my hip at the same time! It's not bulky, except when the car seat is on it (just my opinion), and very easy to steer! There's a good storage basket underneath, though I haven't needed to really use it much. The attachments (car seat adapter or snack tray) are very easy to put on. And it's really a pretty good price, purchased at Target!

So yeah, I definitely love the new stroller and just thought I'd share my thoughts in case you were thinking about what to get for your own family!

Eli sitting
Eli standingWe didn't have the umbrella stroller with us this day, so we used this stroller and brought Mr. Bear along with us on our walk to the park while Hannah stayed home to nap.
Hannah was asleep when we decided to stop at the park.

I also have a review on our pouch carrier, but I'll have to wait 'til Kevin's back with the computer so I can post our pics of it. So stay tuned for more about my favorite products!


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the review!
We've debated numerous times about getting one of these.
I think we'll take advantage next time we see a good deal.
We hope to have another baby, so it'd come in use. :)

Your children sure look happy in it, too! I'm glad to hear it's a worthy buy.