What in the world is going on with me? Well, I'll tell you...
* I've been trying to find pants for the kids. This time I'm going by measurements instead of store sizes (2T, 3T, etc). I feel a little ridiculous with my measuring tape in the store, but it seems to be working much better. Eli's still in need of a few more pairs though. When you live more than an hour from the city and virtually never get to go shopping, little things like finding pants seem like a big ordeal.
* My friend Lisa was here visiting Thursday thru Tuesday while Kevin was on a night rotation. Then Monday when Kevin was off again we went out for a girl's night. Ate out for a delicious dinner at Biaggi's, did a short bit of browsing through stores, then went to the movie The Switch. Pretty good movie, by the way. It was a wonderful visit! Lisa was great help around the house and with the kids, and we had great conversation and just had a great week!
* In prep for Lisa's visit we finally got the motivation to continue with some of our room renovations. I painted Eli's room last week, got flowers set up in our new bathroom, Kevin got trim put up on our dining room windows, and I'm still working on stain color for the bathroom trim. But it is coming along!
* Mouse season has begun. Lisa and I caught two mice in two nights. Lovely. We're trying to make sure all our storage things in the basement are in plastic bins so mice don't destroy them. Harvest at the fields by our house will be soon and the mice will flee from the fields!
* Carter's getting a new tooth, and he's been waking up between 5:00 and 5:45am every single day for the past week. He's been napping terribly and is thus fussy when he's awake. It seems to me like his tooth is all the way broken through the gums, so I don't quite know why he's still so out of whack! But it's making for a tired and frustrated momma!
So that's mostly what's been up. I've been off-line except for quick checks, so I haven't had time to read blog feeds thoroughly or comment or post or anything. But hopefully soon, cuz I've missed you guys!