WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 1


I've lost 3.3 lbs this week alone!  I'm so excited! It's always been sooo hard for me to lose any weight no matter what I try! But I determined to count calories and work out ALL WEEK and then evaluate the results, annnnnd I'd say it's working!!  Woohoo!

Here's what I'm doing....

1. Daily calorie goal is 1200-1400 daily, although trying to stay closer to 1200. I invited friends over for a food swap, and it helped me so much throughout my week.  We each bulk-prepared a healthy food for everyone to take home and have throughout the week. So each morning I started the day with one of Tanya's baked oatmeal muffins and one of Nikki's fruit cups. In the afternoon as a snack I'd have one of Stacy's energy bites (although those are dangerously good!) and as dessert I'd have one of the tiny cups of Nikki's fat-free fruit dip (I just liked it all by itself by the spoonful!) It helped so much to have something ready-to-grab!

2. Daily workout.  I hate working out but when I add my calories and it's already 800 or so by the afternoon, I know I need to burn some so I can eat a full dinner with the family. I've decided I can more easily eat low calorie breakfasts and lunches and snacks, but come dinner time I want to eat something a little more normal. I've upped my workouts from running 2 or 3 miles (usually around 300 calorie burn) to 4 miles (almost 500 calorie burn).  That makes a HUGE difference to my Net Calories (total calories for the day)! I'm also finding that working out in the afternoon is a good time of day. I really hate the getting-ready-twic-a-day thing, but if I want to workout, that's just the best time. By the end of day I'm simply out of motivation.

3. I'm trying to keep drinking water. It helps your tummy feel full and keeps you adequately hydrated. I know I still don't drink enough though. I also occasionally drink green tea with a meal. Usually breakfast in replace of my usual coffee.  Green tea is 0 calories (I sweeten it with a tiny bit of Truvia, also 0 calories) and increases metabolism.


5.5 more pounds to my initial goal and 9.5 pounds to my final goal. So that's me. What's your plan??

2 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Congrats on your weight loss. Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Drinking water all day does help you to feel full plus it's healthy. I drink lots of water, cut back on salt (due to high blood pressure) plus I work out in our gym located at my job each day during my lunch break. I haven't lost many pounds, but I have lost INCHES!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Servant Becca said...

When I saw you on Thursday, I thought for sure you had lost weight. Yep -- quite a lovely little lady!