WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Meanderings

With summer busyness, it's been awhile since I've sat down to really plan a week, and I've missed doing that. So here we go! Join me if you'd like, I love planning more than just a menu!

Bible Study
back to daily reading schedule

Husband Encouragement
keep a clean house (clean bathroom counter, clean kitchen counter, toys away, laundry away, bed made), especially in our bedroom. It seems lately it's been getting quite messy--dust all over our dressers, unmade bed, and piles of clothes (I won't say whose) on the floor, laundry waiting in baskets, and a few toys scattered on the floor. I spend most of the day downstairs so I often forget the state of our bedroom, and then it comes time for bed, I realize all I've forgotten to do. So... in effort to go to bed in peace instead of having that unresolved feeling, I'm going to work on this this week.

Train Them Up
Some re-arranges in the house are leading to new activity ideas for the kids!

Personal Goal
Finish projects! After 6 months (that's half a year, people!) I FINALLY finished Hannah's curtains in her room (it took a long time to find the rest of the fabric I needed). Now I just need to do tie-backs in both the kids' rooms. I also want to finish the touch-up paint in the kitchen and sew curtains to hide our pantry shelves. (they're basically done already cuz I found old curtains from a previous house, but I just need to add length and find a way to hang them)

Must Do
* overall clean before Eli's big birthday party this weekend
* wash all sheets
* make sure we have enough blankets for everyone staying with us

Menu

Monday - tacos on fritos, pineapple
Tuesday - chicken Caesar in pita bread, apples, carrots
Wednesday - ham steaks, mashed potatoes, peaches
Thursday - will someone PLEASE tell me what to have??
Friday - bagel bites
Saturday - Subway party sandwich, chips, veggie tray, watermelon, CAKE!
Sunday - hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, carrots, jello fruit salad, ice cream sundaes!

Fun Things
* Eli turns THREE on Sunday!!
* A big family birthday party on Saturday and a local friends birthday party on Sunday


2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hi Sarah, I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, and I really like reading your posts. I am also a Christian mom, and it's neat to see your perspective on things. Just wanted to say hi so I'm not a lurker on your blog anymore. :)

Servant Becca said...

How about something with potatoes and sausage for Thursday dinner? I made German potato salad and used sausage instead of bacon for Dad's meal tonight. I also threw in some finely chopped green pepper just because.

Might that work?