WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random

So...

What's been going on in life at this house lately...

* I've been reading Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson with my good friend Randi.  We're on the last third of the book, and so far it's just been so good and challenging me in so many ways!  Challenging me to have more patience for the "loud and rowdy"childish play, to stop being so "busy" with my own things and spend more time building my relationship with THEM, saying Yes as often as I can.  Obviously not to candy for breakfast but Yes to reading books, Yes to helping with Legos, Yes to putting on shoes and zipping coats.  {Key} Even when I don't WANT to.  And I'm being challenged to make more effort in teaching them about the Bible and simply being a better example to the kids in all that I do.  Obviously some days are better than others, but we're trying...

* I have curtain fabric for the dining room.  Now we need motivation to paint the wall trim so we can sew and hang those curtains as well as other decor items I have in mind.

* A couple weeks ago we cleaned up a room in our basement and got a basic treadmill.  With a husband that's completely unavailable all day unless it's his day off, and the fact that we have three young children, getting OUT for working out has basically been impossible.  I'm not really a gym-with-childcare type of person for some reason.  And I really have a hard time finding motivation to bop around the living room to exercise videos.  So we decided to try a treadmill.  And against ALL of my nature, I have started running.  2 miles most days, plus about 3/4 mile of warm up/cool down, in approximately 35 minutes total.  We re-hooked up our old TV and DVD player so I can watch something while I run, and so far I've had a good start.  ALTHOUGH I haven't lost even ONE pound and it's been a whole week of working really hard! So I'm starting to watch my diet more and drink water as much as I can possibly bear.  Hopefully I'll start seeing at least SOME difference soon!  The full goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs hopefully by summer, just to get back to pre-babies weight!

* I thought Carter was already into EVERYTHING but my goodness, he's REALLY been into stuff lately!  Unloading the diaper cupboard at least daily so I can climb into, figuring out how to open (if it's left unclasped) the bathroom door so he can get in and play in the toilet.

* How do I get the kids to EVER want to play in their rooms??!  I'm about to get rid of ALL of their toys because they never use them!!

* Wondering whether or not to send Hannah two 2-day preschool next year or just find the will to do more stuff with her at home???

* I've still been feeling really lonely in church settings so I'm hoping to start inviting people to our home much more often in order to build deeper relationships....

* We sooo loved our week of "spring" last week!  Picnics and park days in February are absolutely unheard of in Nebraska!  Now we're back to arctic temperatures and cooped up inside but with the hope that spring will come early this year!


So that's where I've been lately.  What's going on in your life these days??

3 comments:

bp said...

Hope you are having a good day, Sarah.

That parenting book sounds good, thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Your days pretty much mirror my own. I totally hear you about the kids & toys! Seriously! And we were just discussing Sarah and preschool last night. It's a tough call for us, she's right at the cut off & we're not sure whether to send her or keep her back. AND, I'm on my last chapter of that book, LOVE it, LOVE it. It's been absolutely life changing for sure. It made me feel less far away from you to read this! Miss you still!
Amy

Jessica Griz said...

Sarah! Thanks for your comment on my 30 before 30 list! So lovely to meet you! Looks like we have a few things in common ;) I think I saw that book at the bookstore last weekend! Looks great.

I can't wait to come back and read more of your blog. Have a great week!