WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Allegiance.

Normally I'm primarily a New Testament reader.  But lately I've been spending a lot of time in the Psalms. I've read them all before, but now new things are popping out to me. And it's been so refreshing. Not dwelling on the character I'm trying to be, or what I'm "supposed to be" as a Christian, but simply focusing on WHO GOD IS. And just that. Soaking in the glory of HIM.

And this morning I wrote up this little something... I've been working on it the last couple days and finally finished today.

I pledge allegiance to my God, the creator and Lord of all, and to His will and not my own, one Savior eternal, with forgiveness and redemption for all.

Allegiance: loyalty or devotion to some person, group, cause, or the like.

Loyalty, devotion to GOD. Surrendering my will and standing up to His. And committing my life to Him. Daily.


2 comments:

Randi S said...

I think that's a beautiful pledge. :) I may have to steal it for a print in my house. :)

Unknown said...

I like it. Several of my long time friends could tell you that I speak often of choosing God no matter the circumstances of life... that is even when I am mad at him or hurt because He did not do what I wanted... in other words when I am being a spoiled brat and focusing on me instead of Him. I like the motto you have written. It is a claim we can take when those emotional times hit us. Thanks for sharing. I may take it and use it during this hard time in my life.