WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Meanderings - Oct 15

Bible Study... finishing up a word study on God's faithfulness
Memory Verse... Psalm 68:19-20
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Choose HIM.  Especially during his Outage schedule, I'm trying to reserve his days off just for him and not my extra activities with friends. Also going to bed earlier when he goes to bed instead of staying up late doing whatever.
♥ Making sure the meals I cook will provide leftovers for him to take to work.
♥ Love Dare. I forgot about this all of last week!

Train Them Up...
* Family dinner clean-up routine. 
* Working to help Carter with independence with the potty.  Because he sits on the big potty and can't get up there on his own, I'm instructing him to push the stool over and get there himself so if I happen to be unavailable he can still get to the potty without an accident.  He's doing really well, just need to continue to be consistent!
* Reading time with Hannah in the afternoon.
* We've been doing sooo much family reading lately, I've been lacking in having ELI read. Going to add a book (of his choice) a day to his homework time.
* Still working on our Fall ABC book.

Personal Goals...
* Am going to sign-up at the gym so I can workout during preschool without having to drive all the way back home.
* Also starting a new set of "diet rules" that shouldn't be as strict as no carbs at all.
New Habit of the Month...  {october}
>> morning routine.  This sooo sets the tone for our whole day, I really need to get it set in stone.  And it starts with my quiet time at 5:45am, getting lunch packed at 6:45am, breakfast at 7am, out to bus at 7:35am. Then between 7:45 and 8:30 we have plenty of time to get most of our daily chores done. THEN we can go on with the rest of the day pretty relaxed with things in order.

MUST Do... 
* bills

Zone(s)... changing over some of Carter's and Hannah's clothes for the season

Menu - 

M - white chili
T - oven-baked ribs
W - breakfast skillet (in the crockpot?)
Th - fresh taco salad
F - pork roast
S -  TBD
Su - leftovers

FUN THINGS!
* family pictures for someone on Wednesday (possibly? I already know it's supposed to rain but we're gonna try for that anyway for now)
* No preschool Wednesday and Friday so Wednesday we'll get to enjoy Kevin's day off, and Friday I think I'm gonna take the Littles to the children's museum.

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. God. seriously. it might be so broad and obvious, but I'm just so thankful for the peace He provides.
2. Friends. I am just so very blessed with deeply wonderful friends.
3.  Music. I know I've said this before, but it's such therapy to me.

No comments: