WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15

The week has yet again been full of blessings...

1. Date night. Last weekend Kevin and I were able to go out on a date for the first time in several months. And we're so thankful for that time and for Shawn and Lisa who babysat Eli for us.

2. Baby. I can feel the baby move now, and it's so reassuring and such a joy. Today we have our 20-week ultrasound, and I'm so excited to take a peek inside and to also, hopefully, find out baby gender!! Pray that all goes well and everything checks out okay!!

3. Good attitudes. Eli's been doing sooo good at listening to me lately when I tell him No to something! I just hope he keeps it up! AND he's make great progress at learning to sit in my lap for "church time" at home every day. We still have quite a ways to go before attempting it at our actual church, but it's still exciting and fun for me to have him sit in my lap contently for 15 whole minutes every day while playing with a baby book.

4. Stroller group. The fall session has started and it's fun as I'm meeting other moms and making new friends. Plus I really need the exercise! It was a very fun surprise when a woman who was in my childbirth class and ended up delivering the same day as me showed up at the stroller class 14 months later with our "grown" babies! =)

5. Time in the Word. My friend Julie at According to HIS Power is leading a read-through/study of Philippians. I never know quite where to start or what to read for quiet time and then I never really end up reading anything (besides what I read to Eli), so this is very good for me. Thanks, Julie!

6. Kevin. For being such an easy guy to get along with. For being silly and making us smile all the time. For being such a supportive and involved dad. For understanding my needs. For calling me over his lunch break just to say Hi. For putting coffee on in the morning. For just being there. I love him.

Take a moment... what are you thankful for this week? Don't let the tiny blessings pass you by! They are the moments that make life great! Join us at Lynn's to share your thankful heart.

15 comments:

Patty said...

Enjoyed reading your list! Have a great Thursday.

Denise said...

Such a great list of thankfuls, bless you.

Jules said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound! It sounds like Eli is enjoying his quite time with Mommy:) They are so precious and it's so comforting just to hold them and have that quiet time. It will be a lot harder once the new little one gets here so soak in as much as you can!But, you will get the hang of it and things will get better at balancing and dividing your time "somewhat" equally! Thank you for joining in the study with me, it helps me so much to know that I am not doing it alone. I am a person that tends to slack off so I really need the accountability!

Have a GREAT day & I am praying for a healthy baby with an obvious view of the gender!

Love and Prayers,

Julie

Amy said...

Yay! Today's the day, I can't wait to hear the news!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings! Have a great Thursday.

Aisling said...

hmmm, think we could probably do with a date night around here. Our boys are now old enough to be left so all we have to do is find something to do on date night that doesn't cost too much and we're there. Hmmm, must get hubby to share his diary with me tonight.

bp said...

I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. Gods blessings's to you!

Susanne said...

I love date nights!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Priscilla said...

Oh, I need a date night! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I am a labor nurse in South Carolina and really enjoy it! Great list.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thankful list. Blessings on the little one in the womb!

Heather said...

Better take those date nights now before the newest member of the family starts to voice his/her opinion! I'm thankful with you...

Anonymous said...

So what are you having????

You are so blessed. Children are a gift. Enjoy your sweet blessings..

PS Boys rule!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I remember you were going to have a date night. Thank you for sharing it with me. Also, loved your thankful heart for your husband. It thrills me always to read praises for our spouses.

Great post. Thank you for joining in and praising our King. Love and hugs, Lynn

Aunt Angie said...

Sarah, I hope you will continue to have a date night event! That is so important for you--especially with the new little blessing on his/her way! You have such a sweet thankful list! I know Kevin is as appreciative of little things that you do as much as you are for his little kindnesses!

Vicki said...

Now this just blesses my heart! Rejoicing with you for the Lord is good! Blessings to you and your new baby on the way, too! Loved the pic!