Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
The week has yet again been full of blessings...
1. Date night. Last weekend Kevin and I were able to go out on a date for the first time in several months. And we're so thankful for that time and for Shawn and Lisa who babysat Eli for us.
2. Baby. I can feel the baby move now, and it's so reassuring and such a joy. Today we have our 20-week ultrasound, and I'm so excited to take a peek inside and to also, hopefully, find out baby gender!! Pray that all goes well and everything checks out okay!!
3. Good attitudes. Eli's been doing sooo good at listening to me lately when I tell him No to something! I just hope he keeps it up! AND he's make great progress at learning to sit in my lap for "church time" at home every day. We still have quite a ways to go before attempting it at our actual church, but it's still exciting and fun for me to have him sit in my lap contently for 15 whole minutes every day while playing with a baby book.
4. Stroller group. The fall session has started and it's fun as I'm meeting other moms and making new friends. Plus I really need the exercise! It was a very fun surprise when a woman who was in my childbirth class and ended up delivering the same day as me showed up at the stroller class 14 months later with our "grown" babies! =)
5. Time in the Word. My friend Julie at According to HIS Power is leading a read-through/study of Philippians. I never know quite where to start or what to read for quiet time and then I never really end up reading anything (besides what I read to Eli), so this is very good for me. Thanks, Julie!
6. Kevin. For being such an easy guy to get along with. For being silly and making us smile all the time. For being such a supportive and involved dad. For understanding my needs. For calling me over his lunch break just to say Hi. For putting coffee on in the morning. For just being there. I love him.
Take a moment... what are you thankful for this week? Don't let the tiny blessings pass you by! They are the moments that make life great! Join us at Lynn's to share your thankful heart.