WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Husband Encouragement Challenge: Day 3

Day Three: "...love suffers long, and is kind..." 1 Cor. 13:4 "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

Yesterday was not a good day for the encouragement challenge. It started out okay-- we had a yummy praline french toast casserole breakfast (something I thought hubby would like) and then we went to a couple garage sales seeking wood for a project he's working on. But after that... not sure why, but I was really crabby and short-tempered the rest of the day. Every little thing I took personally and was offended. I think it's because I didn't get up early yesterday morning (Saturday) and I napped during Eli's nap, so I never had any time during the day to just BE in quietness with myself and God. So here I am this morning, up and at 'em during the early hours for a Sunday, sitting with my hot cup of raspberry leaf tea collecting my thoughts and preparing my heart for today...

So today with Day 3 of the challenge, I start fresh and re-commit to not saying anything negative to or about my loving husband.

Often with these challenges I begin to feel like I am the one who is putting in all the effort for marriage. But in my reading yesterday I read these encouraging promises I want to share with you:
When you follow God's plan for your life, you will be rewarded fourfold....
1. As you trust Jesus Christ to help you understand your husband, you will be pleasantly surprised to discover what a wonderful man you married.
2. As your husband begins to respond to your loving admiration, he will express appreciation and love for you.
3. God will give you inner peace and stability when you live to please and obey him and not yourself.
4. You will receive rewards in eternity as you faithfully trust and obey Christ.
Already this morning we had a little situation with Eli who woke up at 6:25 (30 minutes before he's allowed out of his crib), threw his blanket out, and stood there screaming. I had just gotten up for my quiet morning and Kevin was still sleeping. In order to not teach Eli that throwing the blanket out is okay, we let him just be upset for awhile. And during this time, Kevin got up! (this is a big thing for him. he's a deep sleeper and doesn't usually even hear when children cry) and came downstairs to sit by me with his cup of coffee. After several minutes he went up, gave Eli his blanket back, and rejoined me. He was the one to get up and take initiative, and to sit by me at the table in the quiet of this morning (besides Eli screaming)... that was nice.

It just might be a good day.

Go to Speaking from the Heart to join in on this wonderful challenge!

2 comments:

cryssi said...

I hope your day was great! I love my early morning quiet time. It makes it better when my hubby gets up early too.

Blessings
Crystal

cryssi said...

I hope your day was great! I love my early morning quiet time. It makes it better when my hubby gets up early too.

Blessings
Crystal