WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Feb. 4


Notes from last week's new recipes:

The incredible chicken was super easy and full of flavor with just the three ingredients. I used chicken breasts because the store didn't have chicken pieces, so I'm not sure how that affected the cooking time. The only bad thing was that the brown sugar that got sprinkled onto the pan totally burned as it cooked. It didn't affect the chicken or flavor, but it sure smelled and was a mess to clean.

The easy enchilada casserole was tasty and gone the first night! Since I halved the recipe, now I just have to make something to finish off the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce this week.

I think I've made something like these before since I had grape jelly in the fridge and we don't usually use grape jelly, but the Easy Cocktail Weiners were easy and quick and yummy!

The Spicy Chicken Macaroni and Cheese was delicious but as the reviews said, it was indeed spicy! If I could figure out a way to easily use less green chiles, that would do the trick!

The Praline French Toast Casserole was like dessert for breakfast and surprisingly filling! This definitely makes it into my recipe box!

I ended up trying this recipe for egg drop soup instead of what I had posted last week. It turned out good, but we need some practice. I think we had too much broth with the egg and added it to the soup too quickly cuz it didn't have the egg pieces floating in the soup like we expected and it never thickened up much. It was good though! UPDATED: As I was writing the recipe onto a recipe card, I realized that I used 2 CUPS of water instead of 2 TBL so that would definitely be our mistake, and I'm excited to try again! I'm surprised it still tasted so good for being so overly diluted! Oops!

********************************

And for this week's menu! Now this week I'm trying for meals that require VERY few purchases!

Monday - kielbasa, cauliflower, peaches (didn't get to this last week since I forgot about Superbowl)

Tuesday - poverty meal (like goulash), garlic bread, broccoli (I'll actually make the full recipe on this one and freeze half for after baby)

Wednesday - chicken curry

Thursday - appetizer nite- quesadillas, oranges

Friday - grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, carrots, apples

Saturday - broccoli cheese soup, pears

Sunday - Italian grilled chicken, Suddenly Salad (hubby's favorite), fruit cocktail

Desserts of the week: fruit chutney and frozen strawberry salad (recipe below--this salad is sooo yummy, and I usually make it in the summer because it's like frozen yogurt/ice cream, but I'm in the mood for it now, so we're having it now!)

Frozen Strawberry Salad
from a church cookbook, I think?

1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen strawberries, thawed
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 small bananas, diced
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed

Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add strawberries, pineapple, bananas, and pecans. Mix thoroughly but gently. Fold in cool whip. Freeze. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.

For more delicious menu ideas, visit Laura at Organizing Junkie. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great meal plan. :) Thanks for your reviews, too (last week's menu). I'm marking more of those that you posted.
I hope you're feeling well these last 2 weeks! It's coming so fast!
Take care! Have a blessed Lenten season!

Hopewell said...

My brother makes those grape jelly/mustard wieners!My kids scarf them down. When we get grape jelly or mustard in our www.angelfoodministries.com order I usually cut up hotdogs and make them for movie night!