WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
I'm reading certain passages along with The Love Dare devotional.

Memory Verse
1 Timothy 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain."

Husband Encouragement
* I'm convinced "tools" is my husband's love language. LOL So I'm going to try to surprise him with a couple things this week.
* Do you ever get into such a routine about something that you forget to think about whether the routine makes sense?? Well, I realized this week that except for Kevin's days off we never go to bed at the same time. And I determined that instead of feeding Carter at 10pm and going to bed at 11pm, I'm going to try to change Carter's schedule so I feed him at 9pm and hopefully I can go to bed at 10pm with Kevin. It will probably affect Carter's nighttime wakings a little, but who cares.
* I'm trying to help with our dining room renovation as much as I can, whether it's holding a flash light or the dummy end of the tape measure or stapling up insulation! (oh yes I did! LOL)
* Love Dare for this week: "Lord, teach me what real love is and make me a loving person."

Train Them Up
* Carter - changing his schedule as mentioned above, try getting him to nap in his bed even if it means starting by rocking him to sleep first for now
* the older two are responding so well to one-on-one story time before naps!
* print off new responsibilty chart for the week. I'd kind of quit doing it.
* IF we have a nice day this week (Wednesday maybe?) I want to bring the tricycle to town so Eli can ride around the pond and we can feed the ducks.
* I've got some school lessons planned for us to finally do this week.
* Ever since reading THIS POST I've been adding the "Lord bless you and keep you , the Lord make His face to shine upon you..." verse as a blessing over the kids at the end of our bedtime routine.

Personal Goals
* get up before kids
* find my planning notebook - it's driving me CRAZY that I cannot find it!!!!
* at least look at the pattern for my skirt

Absolutely MUST Do
* actually I can't think of anything that absolutely HAS to be done this week! wow!

Zone - guest room.

Menu - Kevin's working nights Monday-Wednesday so those will be simple meals (since it's just kids and I those nights) or something he can easily take in with him the next day.

M - cheddar potato soup, oranges
T - Kids Nite - lil' smokies, mac n cheese, green beans
W - chicken nuggets, cooked carrots, apple
Th - dad's spaghetti, garlic bread, peaches
F - breakfast nite - French toast and sausage links
S- PWs perfect enchiladas, pears
Su - roast with vegetables

FUN THINGS!
* Because of work getting done at their house on Thursday, my pregnant SIL Holly is coming down to stay with us all day and night while whatever-it-is-for-their-bathtub airs out enough for her to safely return home! Fun, fun!
* MOPS steering meeting Friday

Things I'm thankful for today:
1. Our wonderful church family.
2. My hard-working husband. He's been spending all of his time off working on our dining room renovations.
3. Time with friends this weekend.
4. The little baby sleeping on my couch right now.

Join me with YOUR weekly plans!


2 comments:

S Club Mama said...

I will post to this tomorrow - I love your Monday Meanderings.

Can I say what a sweetheart you are to try to change the baby's schedule so you and Kevin can go to bed together? I love your heart.
I started going to bed the same time as Anthony when I was pregnant with Tristan (so not too long after we were married) and I love it. I usually read in bed but I'm there. It's also helped me get to bed earlier (minus tonight).

Jules said...

I think it's wonderful that you are attempting to go to bed the same time as Kevin! I always went to bed around 9:30 -10 pm when my babies were babies. =) It helped so much! I just felt rested and it may not work out this way for you, but my babies always slept better and longer that way or maybe it just seemed like it since I was getting that extra hour of sleep. I don't know why it made a difference but it did! I will be praying for you while y'all make this transition!

And, the enchiladas, are to die for! YUMMY!! They are in her cookbook and I have made them about 4 times! lol

Hope you are enjoying the book! Love you, sweet girl!