WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Meanderings - July 12


Bible Study - Mission of Motherhood

Memory Verse Ephesians 4:2
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Husband Encouragement
* help with the bathroom as much as I can - I can tell he likes when we work together.
* find some time during these next days off for our family to RELAX. With all these renovations, it's been BUSY.

Train Them Up
* got some fun activity ideas this week
* talk to them in a calm voice
* keep them structured, especially with our house a little bit out of sorts and more cramped (the playroom is in the living room right now while we close up the wall to the bathroom)
* get on the floor and PLAY with them. Train tracks, Legos, whatever. And READ to them more! I find myself groaning when they ask me to read a book to them. Why do I do that?? I remember when I couldn't wait for this stage!

Personal Goals
* Photo shoot of the kids. It's been a long time since I've tried to get all three of them together. And sometime this month I REALLY want to do our family photo. HELLO, Carter's going to be 6 MONTHS and he's still not in the header of our family blog!! Now's a perfect time though with Eli turning 4, Hannah 2.5, and Carter 6 mo!

New Habit of the Month - JULY!
* completely clean off the couches every evening.

MUST Do
* schedule Carter's 6-month checkup (still)
* send out bills
* laundry
* make plans for Eli's birthday parties next week
* write thank-you note to Grandma

Zone - master bedroom

Menu - lots of new recipes(*) this week!

M - chili dogs, *homemade potato chips (cooked in the microwave!), apple slices
T - *grilled chicken, corn, grapes
W - out of town?
Th - *turkey-tomato panini, cucumber slices, peaches
F - taco soup
S - kids nite - *mac n cheese, steamed broccoli, applesauce
Su - TBD

FUN THINGS!
* another/last week of swim lessons, IF the weather cooperates
* MOPS playdate Tuesday if I can figure it out with swim lessons
* Carter turns 6 months - photo shoot time! =)
* sometime this week, while Kevin's off, we need to go to Lincoln to get all our bathroom things - toilet, sink, tile, paint! Can't wait!
* thinking about going to family night at the pool Tuesday. What does that mean anyway??

3 things I'm thankful for today:
1. great progress on the bathroom after being at a standstill for WEEKS!
2. Kevin's days off this week!
3. family. It doesn't get any better than that!

Please do join me! Leave your link below and link back to me in your post! Have a great week!

3 comments:

~Amanda said...

We just did your memory verse last week. Love it! The boys memorized "Be completely gentle" and I've been reminding all of us of it. Gentle touch, gentle voice, and for me - gentle thoughts.

Kris Hughes said...

I love reading your Monday Meanderings. I haven't been joining in since it's summer and my husband is out of town. But I'm still stopping by to read yours! Will start back in August!

Kris Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.