WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Meanderings - July 18

This is Eli's BIRTHDAY WEEK (turning 5!!) so we have loads of fun things planned!  Last night we kicked off the week with cake and ice cream and slip n slide fun with his friends!  Today instead of heading to a splash park because of the extreme heat we are headed to Chuck E Cheese instead.  Yeah, I'm not one of those that despises C.E.C.  No ball bit at this one.  And germs are everywhere so we might as well go have some fun with some other friends when it's too hot to be outside.  Then Tuesday is actual B-day in which Eli will have a couple new surprises AND finish the day with a sleepover with Hannah in his new bunk bed. Wednesday is his very first eye appointment. Thursday and Friday are "blank days"/Daddy nights. And Saturday is birthday party #2, with family.  Fun fun days!!



Bible Study... Exodus! Haven't done any reading in awhile


Memory Verse... Psalm 86:11-13
"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart. I will glorify your name forever."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Start planning our next date! Not really sure when that can be, but I'm gonna start trying for every two weeks.
♥ I have a secret plan regarding the calendar alerts he gets on his phone.
♥ I have a couple nights out with friends this week, one of them being right after Kevin gets home from work, so I'm going to do my best to have the kids fed, PJ-ed and maybe even watching a movie so Kevin can still have post-work downtime when he gets home.

Train Them Up...
* New nap routine with Eli.
* A fun-week with them.
* Chore wheel.  We've been forgetting it lately with all the summer busyness.

Personal Goals...
* Run 1x this week. I DID get a run in last week, outside even, AND had a pretty good time (actual time, not fun time)
* Read a little bit in Exodus.
* Paint nails.

New Habit of the Month...  {JULY} work on establishing new nap routine for Eli

MUST Do...
* Get presents wrapped, cake ready for Eli's birthday party.
* thank-you notes

Zone(s)...  laundry (a bit behind these days)

Menu - 

M  - crockpot ribs
T - Chinese restaurant (Eli's fave)
W - H.H.
Th - TBD
F - mac n cheese/hot dogs (daddy night)
S - BBQ??
Su - TBD

FUN THINGS! 
* Chuck E Cheese today.
* Eli's 5th Birthday tomorrow. (Chinese restaurant and sleepover with Hannah)
* Eli's first eye appointment Wednesday.
* Mommy's movie night and sleepover with HER friends on Thursday.
* Friday I'm going to Omaha to meet up with an old college friend.
* Saturday -- family birthday party!

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Country livin'.  It's so peaceful out here.  And in the summer, it's just sooo much fun for playing!
2. Parties. I love parties. I love having people to our house!
3. Summer.  Tis the best time of year.



No comments: