WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Psalm


Psalm 37:5-7

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this;
He will make your righteousness shine
like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the
noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently
for him;


*************

I have a lot of ugly things going on in life right now, things I'm {trying} to just trust God with and leave in His hands because I simply can't bear it, I am powerless. I am {trying} to keep my eyes fixed on Him, serving HIM, loving HIM, making life about HIM.  But in reality, it's hard. I'm a Type A person, a scheduler, a perfectionist, a follow-XYZ-planner, a care-over-everyone person, a fixer. So trusting God that He will clean up this mess is against all of my nature.  I don't want to be still. I want to follow a list of things to make it better. I don't want to wait patiently. I want life to happen NOW. But I am a person 100% committed to things and people and what I say I'll do. So now, I commit. My life, my path, my journey, to YOU LORD, because You have it figured out.  YOU have the plan. And it's the BEST plan. You know the full story, and You will work the details in between.  In all of this hard hard committing and trusting and waiting and being still business, He will make my righteousness shine.  And all that, that is what living for the Lord is all about.

No comments: