WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Weekly Memory Verse


This week's new verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:16
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all
circumstances,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Previous memory verses:

Psalm 119:9-11
Proverbs 3:5-6
Psalm 86:11
Joshua 1:8
Luke 10:27
Romans 15:13
2 Corinthians 3:5
Romans 12:2
Colossians 2:6-7
Colossians 3:16
Colossians 4:6
Hebrews 10:24-25

I really need to work on my review this week. So I'm going to sit down and make all new memory slips of paper for my can.

Why memorize scripture? (Taken from THIS WEBSITE)
  1. His word is truth God has given us his word so we can learn to identify truth from error. Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 2:14-17, Psalm 12:6
  2. His word is a delight to my soul. The entire 119th Psalm is dedicated to the praise of the Word of God. Read it several times and you will see how David, Israel's King, finds special delight and freedom in knowing and following God's Commandments. Psalm 119:35, Psalm 119:32, Psalm 119:45-47
  3. His word is nourishment for my soul. Each day my body needs air, food, water and sleep. These things keep my body healthy. It is important to learn to care for yourself. If you fail to do so, after an extended time, you will start to loose your health. The human soul and spirit are no different. We need to feed on the word of God on a regular basis. Psalm 19:7-8, Matthew 4:4 You have head the expression, 'you are what you eat'. It equally true to say 'you are (and are becoming) what you think about'. Exposure to the word of God can purify your mind and your heart.. Luke 6:45, Matthew 15:18, Matthew 7:20-23, Proverbs 27:19, Proverbs 4:23
  4. God instructs us to keep his word close to our heart! This makes sure that we do not stray from Him. Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Deuteronomy 11:18-21, Joshua 1:7-8, Colossians 3:16, Psalm 119:148
Click here for info on how to memorize scripture.

If you'd like to join me this week in memorizing 1 Thessalonians 5:16, sign your name below!



1 comment:

Trish said...

Hi Sarah! I stopped by to let you know that your blog has been nominated to display The Fruit of the Spirit graphic. You can read about this graphic at http://ordinarylife.typepad.com/lifeartist/fruit-of-the-spirit.html . Or send me an email and I'll be happy to give you more information.

After you've checked it out, if you'd like to display The Fruit of the Spirit graphic on your blog, please send me an email and I'll send you the html for the graphic.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Blessings,
Trish