WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bloggy Award: Excellence in Discipleship

The Mathetes Award was created by Dan King at Management By God and here is what he said about it: The role of a disciple of Christ is to carry His message to the ends of the earth. It is with this heart that I have created the Mathetes Award. Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. This award and badge is for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ.

In the same day I was given this award by two really great bloggy friends: Angie at The Knightly News and Julie at According to HIS Power. It is such an honor to receive this award but...

"Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." 2 Corinthians 3:5

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Here today I joyfully pass this award on to my friend at Java Mama who is ever encouraging with her posts.

1 comment:

Jules said...

How very true, Sarah. We would be nothing without God. Thank you so much for the scriptures today, I needed that. My comment moderator ate your comment instead of publishing it but I wrote down the verses you gave me before that happened! You deserve this award and I am blessed that you are my friend.

Love and Prayers,
Julie