I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
This week's blessings:
1. Women's Retreat. It was our church's women's retreat and I was able to go for the first (and probably last since we're moving) time. The sessions themselves were filled with encouragement about "being still" and trusting in the Lord. The speaker was the sweetest little lady who remembers everyone's name and everything about you... such a wonderful woman! And the fellowship was really great! It's been hard for me to find ways to really get to know other young women from church, and that was it! We had a lot of fun together! So the retreat was a great blessing all around!
2. Visit. One of our friends from Virginia was in the area speaking at a church, so he was able to come stay with us Monday night. No one ever just "happens to be in the area" since we live so far away from anyone we know, so it was really great to see him!
3. Baby Girl. Last week's ultrasound checked out clear and healthy and revealed that we're having a baby girl so I'm very VERY excited!!
4. Stroller class. I love this group of women, and it's a joy to get together twice a week to fellowship and exercise with the little ones.
5. Family. My mom found a way to come visit from Iowa this month! We thought we were going to have to wait until Christmas, but she found a weekend conference she can go to for work and then work will pay for the trip and vacation time. Yay! Just a couple weeks 'til we see her!
6. Hubs. I cannot end a thankful post without mentioning my husband. Even on the days when it's not so easy to come up with things, I still want to honor him and show him the love and respect he so very much deserves. This week I am especially thankful for all the time Kevin spent with Eli while I was at the retreat Saturday and Sunday. Even when I was finally home yet incredibly exhausted , he still offered for me to take a nap! (I didn't, but it was still sooo nice!) And now this week he is busy with several car maintenance tasks. I know it's always difficult for him, but he does it to save us money, and I really appreciate that!
What are you thankful for this week? How is God blessing your life? Join us over at Sting My Heart.