WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Sept. 14

This is it. This is the week we leave. Saturday night at 6 pm we start the long 22-hr drive from New England to Iowa. I-80 all the way. We're getting the first half all done while the kids are sleeping in the night, and then I will take over driving as much as I can during the day, stopping in Illinois to see dearest friends and their new baby. I still have a few things to clean out of the fridge: hamburger buns, ricotta cheese, lots of marinades and salad dressings, Biquick but no syrup, and a graham cracker pie crust. Today is our last Sunday at church as a family (Kevin will be back though) and Friday night we're having an ice cream sundae party for our final farewell. with our closest friends. It's starting to sink in how I'm going to miss everyone here. So before I get too weepy, let's carry on...

Monday
lunch: ??
dinner: chicken patty sandwich, salad, fruit cocktail

Tuesday
lunch: tomato soup, grilled cheese, carrots
dinner: taco salad, peaches

Wednesday
lunch: leftover taco salad
dinner: chicken in chipotle marinade

Thursday
lunch:
dinner: teriyaki chicken, broccoli, mandarin orange

Friday
lunch: ??
dinner: clean everything out day!

Desserts of the week: chocolate ricotta muffins (good snack for the drive if they turn out good), cheesecake



5 comments:

Sharon said...

Aw! How bittersweet.
Prayers for your safe travels and all the stress it entails.
((hugs))

I feel like I want to say I'll miss you, but thankfully your blog will still be here. :)

Mindy said...

Having moved just a couple of months ago, I can empathize with you all.
Will be praying for you and your family thoughout this transition!

Blessings this week!
in HIM -
Mindy

Mindy said...

Having moved just a couple of months ago, I can empathize with you all.
Will be praying for you and your family thoughout this transition!

Blessings this week!
in HIM -
Mindy

The Fischer Family said...

Having moved over the summer I am so feeling your pain right now! But have a great last week in CT, enjoy the time with your dear friends and have a safe drive this weekend!

bp said...

Hope you have a good week and your move goes as smooth as possible!