WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, September 19, 2008

This adventure called life.

Here were are. I can't believe we've actually reached this point in our lives. Married, two children, and now finally returning to be with family once again. We've been counting down for this for so long and now here it is! I remember on the 1st of 2007 we were saying, "NEXT YEAR we get out of the Navy!" Then in the fall it was, "one year until we get out!" Then on the 1st of 2008 it was "THIS YEAR we get out!" Then in August it was "NEXT MONTH we move back!" The 1st of September was "THIS MONTH!" And now it's "TOMORROW!" Wow, where has the time gone? I guess this is what happens when you have two kids in three years!

I'm just so anxious right now, so eager to know what's next in life. It feels like someone has planned a big adventure for us but won't tell us what it is or anything about it because it's a surprise. They just tell you to pack your bags and be ready. Well, that's what it feels like for me. God has planned this big adventure, called our life, and right now we have no idea what's coming. But our bags are packed and at 6pm we'll be ready to hop in the van and go wherever! God has it figured out, and we'll find out soon enough what He has in store for us!

When I reflect on where life has taken us the last few years, it moves me to see just how God had gone before us, laying every stepping stone....From the timing of my college and Kevin's sea time working out just so, that Kevin was done with deployments before we even got married. It was a long 8 years of dating and we didn't really want to wait that long, but in the end the timing was just perfect. The family we knew in Virginia that connected us to the church we found in Connecticut. The first couple we met at church who turned into great friends (Dan and Amber), leading us to even more great friends (Amy and Stew). The townhouse we live in where we had wonderful neighbors and the one was a nurse who nearly delivered Hannah at home with the fire station just a block away. Changing my heart from initially wanting to return to Virginia to deciding to go back to Iowa. The friends we met in the Navy just after boot camp who were also from Iowa, got out, and returned and now is maybe helping us to get a job at the next place. My parents having just bought a house this summer to fix up for retirement and it now being available for us to stay in while we are in transition.... I'm not worried. I can see how God is working the details. Every single person has some greater purpose in my life than I can ever understand in the moment.

And so, I am anxious to see what tomorrow brings in this adventure called LIFE!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Aw Sarah, Great post! I was hoping to see you today at the park but know you have a busy plate. I'll be praying for you guys as you travel home! So excited for you! It was great meeting you and wish you all the best!!

Sharon said...

Sarah,
This was probably my favorite blog post of yours. :)
I could feel the excitement and anticipation, and laying it all out there to see together-God is awesome!
You even got me a little excited for my own life again. ;)

Have a safe trip!! I look forward to your updates.

Jules said...

We are so excited for your family, Sarah!!! Can't wait to see what God has in the works with you guys!!! I am just happy that God put you in my life as my friend!! You are an amazing support to me even if we have never "met"!

Praying for ya'll!! Be sure and keep us updated!! =)

Love & Hugs,
Julie & family