WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas poem.

I'm definitely no poet or writer but this is a little something I thought I'd share with you all...

Merry Christmas to you this day.
This is what my heart would pray.
That your life would be full of cheer
Because our Lord and Savior is here.

God came to earth as a baby boy
So he could fill the world with joy.
In a barn, so pure and small
He came for me. He came for all.

The shepherds left their sheep to see
The newborn king. Could it really be?
Under the sky and stars so bright
They gathered near to him that night
.
In the quiet the angel spoke.
It whispered to Joseph and he awoke.
In a hurry they must go
To hide from Herod. He mustn't know
For Herod wanted to kill the one
Who threatened his rule, God's own son.

Jesus grew from boy to man.
All along God had a plan.
He showed us how we are to live,
how to love and forgive.

Our pain and sadness he took away
upon the cross with blood he paid.
Then he rose again one morn,
as gloriously as he was born.

Messiah, Savior, Christ our King.
With grateful hearts we will sing.
We wait again for his return
For that we day we will yearn.

Then to Heaven we will go
If we believe and trust Him so.
Christmas, then, is a time to share
Our joy and peace, love and prayers.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

bp said...

BEAUTIFULLY said!

Merry Christmas!