WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, December 29, 2008

You Can Be the Wife of a Happy Husband, Part 1

After working on this book off and on for over a year now I FINALLY finished this book! I LOVED it, and it really truly changed how I treated my marriage, so I just have to share my favorite passages. It'll probably take a couple posts, so stay tuned!




CHAPTER 1: The Perfect Plan
"A strong marriage does not just happen accidentally. It is deliberately built through the years, through the work of both spouses. A wise woman will focus only on her role not her husband's. She will trust God to work in her husband's life. however, she will not be surprised should God work differently than she expected." (25)

CHAPTER 2: Your Relationship with the Designer
"Worry, jealousy, discouragement, a critical attitude, and bitterness are symptoms that you are controlling your own life." (32)

"You can have control and peace through such times by drawing on Jesus' strength instead of your own. He promises to be sufficient." (34)

CHAPTER 3: Helping Your Husband Love Himself
"You can only truly love yourself when your identity is 'in Him'...When I love by the truth of what God says about me, my identity is secure." (35)

"As you learn to love yourself as he made you, you can genuinely love your husband and meet the needs of his life that God desires for you to meet." (37)

"Your husband's need for admiration is fulfilled through your genuine praise. His love and strength, in turn, should meet your need for tenderness and protection. Your intuition complements his wisdom. Your loyal support undergirds his initiative." (38)

"Don't push him; just believe in him, and you will begin to experience a deeper, closer relationship with your man." (39)

"When you follow God's plan for your life, you will be rewarded fourfold:
1. As you trust Jesus Christ to help you understand your husband, you will be pleasantly surprised to discover what a wonderful man you married.
2. As your husband begins to respond to your loving admiration, he will express appreciation and love for you.
Do not assume responsibilities that are your husband's alone. Realize that there are needs in his life that you cannot meet, such as his need to make Christ the Lord of life or his need for acceptance and approval by others in business and society. Your main job is to comfort, encourage, and support your man when he is with you. As you plant and water your mate's life with praise, it is God's job to make it grow and bring an increase. (44)

3. God will give you inner peace and stability when you live to please and obey Him and not yourself.
4. You will receive rewards in eternity as you faithfully trust and obey Christ." (43,44)

More to come tomorrow...

3 comments:

bp said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm adding this to my "to read" list.

Jules said...

I am looking forward to reading this book. Right now we are going through the Love Dare, very challenging, to say the least!

Servant Becca said...

One quotation really hit me, "Worry, jealousy, discouragement, a critical attitude, and bitterness are symptoms that you are controlling your own life."

Oh my golly...

Thanks for sharing! Guess what book I will get with Christmas $ ?