WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday goodness

Back in college my friend Angie introduced me to oreo balls. I loved 'em so much we made them for our wedding reception, but for whatever reason we haven't had them since! I remembered them this year and thought it would be fun to make these "snowball cookies" with Eli! The recipe is oh so easy and sooo yummy!

8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
package of Oreos, crushed
package of almond bark

Stir together Oreos and cream cheese. Form them into ~1 inch balls. Put them in the freezer for a few minutes while you melt the almond bark. Then dip the balls into almond bark and return to freezer until set. Store leftovers in the fridge.

Since it's holiday season I thought it might be fun to try mint Oreos instead of just regular, and it definitely was a yummy variation!

The ingredients
Oreos in a bag
Kevin's smashing the Oreoscrushed cookiessoftened cream cheesestir together cream cheese and cookies
Eli's helping put balls on the panballs made and set in freezernow we can "clean" the spoon!chocolate face!melting the almond barkcoating the oreo balls with almond barkwe had some troubles with the almond bark overcooking and getting way too thick instantly, so you'll see most of them are chunky. done and ready to go back into the freezer for a few minutes.Snow balls!ready to eat!mmm....a little someone enjoying his treat

2 comments:

bp said...

I think I had these for the first time last Christmas. I liked the step by step pictures. They are good to eat!

Kelly said...

I was planning on making these for the holidays. Check out my blog. I have tagged you!!!