WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Dec. 29


Alright, folks, we're going really cheap this week. It just about makes me sick to see our savings just get lower and lower by the day. And it's still going to be a few weeks 'til we get a pay check again, ugh. So here it is. I got our groceries last night already, and it was sooo pleasant that the entire bill was only $22, including milk, juice, and all of Hannah's baby food!

We're never sure where we'll be each day, so here's the pickins...

Dinners:
Spaghetti--we already had noodles in the cupboard so it's just $1.42 for pasta sauce
Ramen--I told you we were going cheap!-- $0.48 total for 3 packages
Hot dogs--we have half a package to finish so it's just $1.17 for buns
Salads--topped with boiled egg, bacon, sesame seeds, and cheese--only $1.78 for bag salad
Potato soup--$1.87 for 3 BIG potatoes
Grilled cheese and tomato soup--soup in cupboard already so only $2.42 for cheese

Lunches:
PB&J
Lunch meat sandwiches
Frozen pizzas--$1 each for 2

Fruits and veggies:
canned peas (trying to see if Hannah will eat these, they're softer than frozen)
frozen broccoli
fruit cocktail
bananas

Breakfasts (since we might be moving in two weeks, the 10th maybe, we need to start cleaning out what we've got, instead of fixing hot breakfasts):
oatmeal
cold cereal
pancakes
biscuits

More meal ideas HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how much I've learned from visiting other MPM participants regarding saving money.
Happy New Year!

Jules said...

Thank you so much for the ideas, Sarah! I could have used this menu this week and would have saved myself about $20! $40 was the lowest I could get the bill this week (using meat from the freezer & items from the pantry) and I thought I was doing good! You Rock, girl! Seriously, $22, that is great! :)

Love you!