WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, September 18, 2009

My homework: Being a better help meet

Okay, so I thought I'd share my answers from last week's homework assignment from the Created to Be His Help Meet book I'm currently reading and loving.

Monday: Write three new things that you will add to your life that will cause you to become more precious to your husband.
1. regular personal Bible time = better attitude
2. prayer for him and also tell him that I prayed for ____ today.
3. follow my cleaning schedule--ACTUAL cleaning, not just the basics like dishes and laundry

Tuesday: List three things that you can do that will be a help to him.
1. clean out his lunch box for him every day
2. regularly make sure he has fresh jeans for work
3. prepare some things for his lunches--boiled eggs, potatoes, etc

Wednesday: Write down three things you can do that will be an encouragement to him.
1. make a small treat with a note
2. occasionally have kids make art special for daddy
3. just say "I love you and I sure am thankful for you."

Thursday: Jot down three things about your appearance that you can change, which he is sure to like.
1. wear hair down more often, especially since he's the reason I grew it long in the first place
2. wear perfume sometimes
3. paint nails

Friday: List three things that you can do to your house that will please him.
1. keep the office clean since that's kind of his zone
2. clean our bedroom. since that's wear I fold laundry, it's super easy for it to get really cluttered in there.
3. always make sure toys are completely put away at the end of the day

Saturday: Write three things you can do that will make him feel like he is THE MAN.
1. tell him how great looks or smells
2. make it a point to tell him how strong he is when I need help with something.
3. tell him thank you when he makes a decision for the family. tell him I appreciate his wisdom and caution and that he's a smart man.

Sunday: Plan three things you can respond to him in front of others that will show a heart of respect and honor toward him.
1. share praises on blog/facebook
2. at church be sure to share how hard Kevin is working, especially the next couple months when he'll be missing church because of work
3. praise daddy to the kids


This seems like kind of an ambitious list to start implementing all at once, but I'll do the best I can! God has been shaping my heart lately in an incredible way and I truly enjoy serving and loving on my husband! It took a bit of time to sit down and fill out these lists, but it's worth it, I believe and I encourage you to do it as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

Your husband made a wise, life-changing choice the day he decided to marry you. Your blog is an enormous blessing, filled with reminders for women/marriages of any age.

cathy@thumbpeople.com said...

Hi, Sarah!

I stumbled upon your blog - what faithfilled beautiful work! Your blog really reflects a lovely life of faith, blessed by our good God. Bless you as you refect His goodness in your life and writing.

Hey, I'm just wondering ...

I work with ThumbPeople - we 're all about intentionally speaking positive and affirming words to kids and adults that help them to see themselves as the precious miracles God created them to be!

We do this with kids books and with encouraging music for both kids and adults that speak Gods blessings and promises into their lives.

Do you ever act as an online affiliate?

By just placing a fun Thumbuddy button or a touching video link (like the one on our home page) as some of our affiliates have done, you could earn 35% of all sales that originate from your blog site.

Check us out at: http://www.thumbpeople.com/index.php

And please let me know if you'd be interested.

Thanks for your consideration and blessings to you!

Cathy Kirschner
cathy@thumbpeople.com
952-224-2286

www.ThumbPeople.com