WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My new favorite sandwich.

Toasted Italian sub. From my very own kitchen. I made this last night and it was so good I couldn't wait to make it again for lunch today!

- sub buns (mine were actually just bakery hot dog buns because that was the only choice at the store)
- pepperoni
- hard salami
- deli ham
- sliced cheese of choice (I got muenster this time just to switch things up)

For the meats I tried to find the really thin sliced stuff, in the deli section instead of the lunch meat section. The pepperoni were big ones and the salami was thin. Layer up your sandwich--pepperoni, salami, ham, and cheese. Then pop in the oven for just a couple minutes, 'til it's starting to look toasty and the cheese is melty. (I did 425 degrees for about 3-4 minutes) After it's toasted, then spread mayonnaise on the bun and THEN...(here's the yummy part!)...brush the top of the sandwich half with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. I was going to use Italian but when I saw last minute that we were out of it, I found the next closest thing in our fridge, gave it a sniff to see what it would taste like, and went with it, and it turned out really good! It would have been good with a little lettuce on it too, but we didn't have any so that was that! It was still great without!

For Kevin's sandwich instead of making it with the mayo and dressing, I spread a layer of warmed-up leftover marinara sauce after toasting. Yumm...

So there you have it, my new favorite sandwich!

No comments: