WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Meanderings - May 2

Bible Study... Genesis 28 - ?? I'm plugging along, slowly but surely!

Memory Verse... 1 Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Keep couches cleaned off.
♥ Tidy up.
♥ Calm with the kids.
♥ Positive attitude.

Train Them Up...
* Reading time with Eli.
* PLAY with them, READ with them.
* OUTSIDE time as much as possible.
* Working on a new lapbook for them.  =)

Personal Goals...
* STOP weighing myself.  Is it like watching a pot boil?? LOL I actually hid the scale under our bed, and I'll only get it out for my weigh-in Wednesday.
* Drink more WATER and get to bed EARLIER!! 
* Create a workout schedule including a long run, speed run, interval runs, and a day off.
* Continue plowing through marriage book and Bible reading.
* Practice French horn. I volunteered to do a special music at church.  Just need to get the music to my pianist.

New Habit of the Month...  {MAY} COMPLETELY clean off couches at end of day.  If it's clothes, I can still sneak into the kids' rooms to put things away, and if it's hanger stuff, I can just lay it on top of their dresser until morning.

MUST Do...
*Mother's Day Sunday
* MOPS newsletter, create and mail postcards, plan and prepare lesson for next week
* plant seeds

Zone(s)... living room

Menu -

chicken chili, regular chili, spaghetti

FUN THINGS! 
* MOPS planning meeting Tuesday. last one for the year!
* Lunch date Wednesday.
* Eli has kindergarten roundup Friday morning. So excited for him! And excited to meet some of the other kids that will be in his class because so far we know NO ONE there!
* Supposed to be a shopping day on Saturday with my mom, but now we're not sure if Outage will be done so who knows...

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. MUSIC.  I've been playing my French horn again getting ready for church. And also playing piano and getting out the guitar again and finding new songs online.  Love that. It's such therapy to me.
2.  Watching Eli play and love on his kitty. He's adorable, showing her dandelions and everything.
3. Outage will surely be done soon???  We're all hoping this is the last week, for now!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't get the linky thing to work but here you go: http://hisgracereachesme98.blogspot.com/2011/05/monday-meanderings-on-wednesday.html

You have a great week, sweetie!