WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Meanderings - May 9



My apologies for getting this posted late in the evening!  I'm not a very good host of this!  Tomorrow's MOPS so I spent my afternoon time getting things set up for that.  So here we go...


Bible Study... Genesis 28 - ?? STILL.  Didn't do ANY reading last week!

Memory Verse... 1 Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Keep couches cleaned off.
♥ Tidy up.
♥ Thank him for AT LEAST one thing daily.
♥ Meals!
♥ Instead of dumping the kids on him as soon as he's off on Thursday, ask how he wants to spend the day.

Train Them Up...
* Reading time with Eli-- we're almost through the vowels, then I think he will just take off because he already knows all other letter sounds and how to blend.  Getting excited to work with him over the summer!
* PLAY with them, READ with them.
* OUTSIDE time as much as possible.
* Add to last week's lapbook.

Personal Goals...
* Stay off FB--I get messages sent to my email so I shouldn't miss anything important.
* Drink more WATER and get to bed EARLIER!! 
* Run 4 miles!
* Read at least 2 chapters in marriage book.

New Habit of the Month...  {MAY} COMPLETELY clean off couches at end of day.  If it's clothes, I can still sneak into the kids' rooms to put things away, and if it's hanger stuff, I can just lay it on top of their dresser until morning.

MUST Do...
* Set up Moppet stuff
* Mail end-of-year questionnaire to Moppet workers
* Mail card to Kevin's mom (we went to visit on Mother's Day and I forgot to give her her card!)
* plant seeds
* Start setting things together for the beach (vacation is NEXT WEEK, I can't believe it!!!)
* Start preparing our car activities (maps and BINGO n such)
* Buy more sunscreen
* Hang curtains in bathroom.  Okay, that's not really a MUST do, but my mom got them finished and they're sitting on the couch waiting to be hung.  Just need to buy a rod.  They're BEAUTIFUL, I'm just anxious to see the new look!!

Zone(s)... living room

Menu -

M - Homemade mini pizzas, mixed berry smoothies
T - spaghetti and meatballs
W - chicken sandwiches

FUN THINGS! 
* MOPS meeting tomorrow (last one for the year)!
* Play date/photo shoot Wednesday
* Wednesday night is FINALLY Kevin's last night and he'll be back into regular rotation.  He actually gets 2 WEEKS OFF!!  Due to a schedule change after we already planned vacation he gets time off before and after our trip plus the 4 days he TAKES off for our trip. SO EXCITED for normal life to return!!

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Fans. The weather literally went from 40s to mid-90s in less than a week!!  Kevin's been working so we still don't have our AC units put in yet.  What happened to SPRING???!
2. A light at the end of this tunnel!!  Outage is officially almost done!!!
3. MOPS.  Such a great ministry.  Such a great group of women.  Such a blessing. If you're a momma of children younger than Kindergarten, check online, you probably have a MOPS group near you! Wonderful Christ-centered fellowship with other mommas, childcare provided!  =)


No comments: