WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Activity: Apple printing

My friend Amy has done this activity a couple times and then when I saw it again here as I was looking for activities the other day I thought, "Yeah, we could do this." Turned out a little trickier than I had anticipated. I think I should have added just a few drops of water to the paint. I think having a little thinner of paint would have made it easier to work with. But it was a fun project nonetheless.

the setup
At first Eli was just smearing the apples on the paper, but then he got the idea of stamping and was even looking for white on the page for places to stamp next.

Stay tuned for how we burn some energy on these colder days when we're stuck inside. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

aren't you supposed to cut them in half so that there is a star showing? either way it looks cute :)

Sharon said...

Super cute! He looks like he's really enjoying himself. :)

In Light of the Truth... said...

I did cut it in half, but the paint didn't cover evenly enough on the apple for it to make a clear print. It was too thick and goopy. BUT nothing beats that smile of his!