WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful that God already has a plan for us. He already knows what's next in our life, what Kevin's job will be, where we will live. He already knows. Therefore I do not have to worry about what our next meal will be, because God always provides. Always. (Matt. 7:25-34) He has a purpose for all that happens, for this time that we are just waiting for news on Kevin's job. He is teaching us and strengthening us and helping us to be more like Jesus and to trust in our Eternal Father. And for that I am thankful.

Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

For more Thankful Thursday visit Iris.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God truly is wonderful, providing for us even when we aren't sure what is happening next.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful scripture and a great post.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Good for you for holding fast to God's promises even in difficult times! Happy TT..

BellaMama said...

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:19

Whether it's the next meal, the next job or a place to live, He is our provider - Jehovah Jireh!! He NEVER fails!!

It's good to look back and review the times you've seen His hand in your life and you'll be reminded of His perfect timing and rest in Him!!

We are just about in your shoes (will be telling more on my site later), so much going on and seeing GOD'S HAND IN EVERYTHING!

Will always be in prayer for you!

Susanne said...

Some of my favorite verses of scripture!! Thanks so much for sharing this TT. Have a great weekend!

BTW: Your babies are beautiful!!

i said...

I'm thankful for God's provision too! Remain blessed!

Kathie said...

Hi Sarah, All your boys (men) are handsome. What a blessing and thanks for sharing. I have a son name Eli, too. He is 20. The youngest of 5 and has gone off to college. My nest is empty, but my heart is overflowing.
Blessings from Costa Rica