WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Letter of the day: B

Last week I was thinking about all the crafts I had been doing with Eli and knew that we wouldn't always have so many activities to do every day. But I was just so excited about all we could do for Fall that I crammed 'em all in. Now that we've done most of them (except for our Thanksgiving projects next week) I sat down with my planner and came up with a "schedule" I'm going to try to follow to offer Eli variety in his activities and learning:

Monday--educational activity
Tuesday--kitchen project (bake something or help me prepare dinner)
Wednesday--creative craft (play dough, coloring, painting, etc)
Thursday--library day (storytime/pick out books)
Friday--structured craft (like the sunflower, scarecrow, and fall wreath)

Of course if there's something else going on that day, that's totally fine, but this gives us structure on days that we're just home with nothing to do.

So for our first day of "educational activity" I did a project with the letter B. I looked through my baggie of magazine cutouts and found more pictures for the letter B than any other letter, so we just started with that one. I found a few more pictures in the weekly circular and other ads, and the project was ready to begin!

picture cutouts: ball, boots, birthday/balloon, banana, baby, bear, bike, bacon
which picture next...?sticking to paper. next to each picture I wrote the corresponding word.
Once Eli had all the pictures glued on, then I had him find the letter B in each of the following papers. Then we cut them out and added them to our collage. Letter search #1.
Letter search #2Letter search #3just wants to go show daddy!All done! Now I'd like to keep them and put them together in a little book as we continue to go through each letter of the alphabet.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I LOVE LOVE that letter search idea. Wow! Another idea to steal!! Thx for posting. And I love the pics.

Kathy said...

Please tell me you are planning to homeschool?! ... you have such great ideas and are already off to such a wonderful start! =)