WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holiday Wreath

As we've been staying in parents' house I got a vision for there to be a holiday wreath above the dining room hutch since there was just an empty space there between the two windows.

Since it's a big dining room where we hope to celebrate many holidays I imagined a colorful wreath that we would change according to the seasons. After approving the idea with my mother I excitedly offered to take the van to the city for its needed oil change so we could then go to a Hobby Lobby to check out decorations. We picked a weekend and the boys stayed home and off we went! The wreathes there were $99 each but on our own we made it for less than $30. I'm no florist (though it would be fun!) but I think it turned out pretty nice and it gives the look I was hoping for! I'm excited to make a Christmas wreath in just a month! Check out my friend Amy's fall wreath here.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I like your Fall wreath too. You and Amy both sell yourselves short...you are very creative! The kids are getting so big! I hope and pray you are enjoying being "back home" and back together as a family. Love, Mrs. B

Amy said...

Ooo, I like it! VERY nice, and it looks great on the wall between the windows. Wish I could pop over and see it..... :-(