WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, April 23, 2012

29.

It just kind of slipped right on by here in the blog world. I had a birthday (back in March), and turned 29, one year closer to 30! It was a great couple weeks actually. I think everyone deserves being celebrated, and everyone should celebrate their own life and gifts and blessings they've been given, and I had a great time with friends and family on multiple occasions! 



 But, like I said, it's one year closer to 30, the deadline for my 30 before 30 goals. So I thought I'd give a little update on some of the new ones I've accomplished...

#4. Make a 1-year baby book for each of the children. I'm about 1/3 way through Hannah's now.
#5. Get photos taken as a family. We finally did this in the fall!
#6. Scrapbook my college Europe trip. I did finally start this as well.
#10. Clean out old baby items. We have definitely been doing this! Will probably be able to officially mark it off after our MOPS garage sale in June!
#12. Start singing on worship team at church. I do this regularly now, every two or three weeks, plus many "specials"!
#13. Play French horn for church special music. Do this regularly as well and it has encouraged others to join in as well!
#18. Volunteer at the local library. I definitely offered and make contacts but never heard back. Maybe it's not a need??
#23. Go tent camping as a family. We did this last fall with lots of other friends and will do again on our own hopefully several times this summer!
#28. Get in the habit of getting up before the kids. For the most part I've done this. I had to with Eli being in school this year. Now I'm typically up around 6am. Sometimes I get actual Bible reading done then and sometimes not.


So there's where I'm at so far! Still much more to finish throughout the year!!


2 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Happy belated birthday Sarah! I hope you have a very blessed year!!

Be Strong in the Lord said...

Hey Sarah,

Happy belated birthday. I am glad to hear that you had a good day. 30's not so bad, and 29 leading up to is is pretty good.

Anyway, you have not heard from me in a while because life took over and I was in a deep tunnel going through some things for a while. I wrote updates to family and prayer warriors during that time, and I recently added them to my blog. I don't know if you will be interested or even have to time to read about what God was doing in my life here on the gulf coast, but I am sending you a link to my blog just in case.

I enjoy following your blog and praying for you and your family. Your sharing of your life has been a blessing to me.

Cherold

Link to my blog:

http://proverbs31mrsrhodes.blogspot.com/