WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Live Simply.

Over the past year I've become pretty disgusted and saddened by the craze of our nation with electronics. Ipod, ipad, iphone, kindle, DS, data phones, video games, computer games. Anytime, anywhere. People, myself included, are becoming increasingly addicted to these things, distracted, restless, and unable to just BE. To wait. To find something creative to do. Or do nothing at all. To really be PRESENT with one another. We adults have been sucked into all this, and the kids, even the youngest of them, are falling right into the same trap. At play dates and birthday parties I hear kids asking to play video games and it's just soo sad to me!!  

Lately we have put all these things up. Kids used to wake up before us and play games on the ipod until we were up. Now I put the ipod up in the evening so they can't get to it, and they are encouraged to find something quiet to do or read instead. And in the fall I'll be downgrading my phone OFF of the data plan. I can hardly wait. I'm tired of the distractions, the restlessness, the constant need to check Facebook cuz I'm bored. The constant need to share a picture the minute its taken. It's ridiculous. Can we not simply just enjoy the moment? Pictures are important. But the need to share immediately is not. Now it's not that we're COMPLETELY anti-technology, but it's a treat around here, and I like it better that way.

Anyway.... done with my rant now... the point of this post is that I got inspired by Pinterest to use an old window pane as a picture frame. I was bummed that we didn't really have anything and then I realized one day when digging in the shed that we DID! And quickly my idea came together...

I started sorting through old pictures and chose my theme to be "Live Simply" featuring the simplest and most wonderful moments of life. Each of our children being born, picking flowers, blowing dandelions, splashing in puddles, swinging from a tree branch, sandy toes, sunsets, and of course some pictures of our family together. 

This frame used to be our front door until the wind caught it and busted it from the rest of the door. I wiped the glass windows but the rest is exactly as it was. Not repainted and hardly even cleaned. The pictures are just taped.

It's hard to take a picture of the whole thing because of all the reflections from the windows on the opposite wall so there's a bunch of pictures to see everything up close...












5 comments:

K said...

LOve! thank you!

Lindsey Houck said...

Hey Sarah! You don't know me, but I'm feeling your convictions with the chaos in our technological world. I just recently got off facebook because it's such an addiction for me.... I think God has a lot to say about living simply if we would just listen to His still small voice. It's hard when we have something to do every second! You should pray more about this living simply thing and see if God gives you some practical advice to share! That's what I'm in the middle of doing, would love to have a partner with you in this...

God bless,
Lindsey

Servant Becca said...

Beautiful post...

Kathy said...

love the frame and FULLY agree with the part about electronics, it's sooooo sad to see the direction that most of our country is heading ... :(

bp said...

I really like this! Looks great!
Bethany