WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun weekend.

With our days winding down before we move, we're realizing all that we want to do still before we move. So we're keeping busy with lots of fun! This was last weekend...

FRIDAY--a trip to the local aquarium. Eli loves dolphins right now and is always asking us to find the pages of them in his books. And as far as he's concerned, he saw lots of dolphins at the aquarium, though there were none. Closest thing were beluga whales. Anyhoo, here are some pictures...SATURDAY-- We did a babysitting swap with my friend Kristen and her husband Scott. They came over and we watched their 1-yr old son Colby so they could go out for a couple hours, and then when they got back, they watched the kids and Kevin and I got out for a couple hours. Kristen and Scott have a jet ski they went out on and then offered to us. So we got to go jet skiing for the first time! And wow, it was so much fun! I've always wanted to go! I was pretty nervous about it having a roller coaster effect on me though. My tummy flips even when I swing in the park! So I thought we were going to have to drive it really slow in order for me to feel comfortable. But to my surprise I was just fine and we could cruise around 25-30 mph! We went out on the river and it was nice to just keep going and going. Then we turned around and went out toward the ocean. It was fun to see the towns from river side, a different perspective from road side! I wanted a picture but it wasn't too easy for that. Thank you, Kristen, for such a good idea and for letting us use your jet ski! That was awesome!

SUNDAY-- cookout with church friends. At church we were invited to a cookout afterwards at our friends' house. We went home to change, feed, pack the diaper bag, and get mapquest directions, and we were off again! Took us a bit of time and frustration before we finally found the house, but we made it! I didn't know how the kids would do, but somehow they were amazing, considering Hannah was only half fed and they were both running on no naps! We just hung out, ate good food, and then played a game of volleyball. Friends had offered to hold/watch the kids so Kevin and I were able to join in the fun too! That was soooo nice! I love a good game of volleyball, so I was especially grateful I could actually play for once! We were there for about 3.5 hours before we finally got in the car to go home. Eli was a crank and fussing really bad. He was so tired he didn't know what he wanted! And Hannah, though hungry I imagine, conked out in 2 seconds flat, literally! Another fun day!

So that was our weekend! And next week we're headed up to New Hampshire for a little family vacation! Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

cryssi said...

It looks like yall are making the most of your last days there. And Hannah is getting so big! So cute! It is always nice to have someone to watch the kids so you can get away and to have Church friends to do stuff with. I dont think I could do the jet ski...Ever since I had my first baby, my belly does flip flops on everything...I am finally able to swing though..lol Have fun and enjoy your days and I hope your move goes smoothly. I will be praying for yall.

Blessings
Crystal

Holly said...

What a wonderful weekend! I'll be looking forward to hearing how your family vacation goes as well!!

bp said...

What a busy weekend! That is a nice aquarium. I've never been on a jet ski!