WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Goals update.

So remember how I had goals? It's been a loong time since I've posted any updates, but I really am still working on them. Some have probably changed such that I don't really care about them anymore (so I'll just cross them off) and some have been revised to a goal slightly different from the original. So here's the update:

#2 Return to pre-pregnancy weight by end of July. I got mostly there. I still have about 3 more pounds I wanted to lose but can't seem to shake them.

#25 Finish first year of baby scrapbook. (Eli's baby scrapbook) Well, after much thought I came up with another solution to the fact that I just don't have time or desire such that the project has just become a burden. I decided to make a picture slideshow set to music, featuring all those first-year favorites and milestones. Turned out pretty neat, and I'm happy with the result and the fact that I could do it ALL in just a couple weeks. AND another plus is that I can reproduce it for other family members to enjoy also.

#26 Complete and print ONE digital scrapbook page so I can decide if I like that method or not. Just not going to do this one. I'm not going to start digital scrapbooking. As cool as I think it looks, I just don't have that creativity and my pages never look the way I'd likem to.

#39 Read Babywise. I got enough notes from friends to get out of it what I wanted.

#43 Plan one fun family activity every week for 1 month. Summer was easy. Didn't have to do much thinking on this....

#45. Get new family photo. STILL working on this but just can't seem to get a good one. These were our attempts but nothing's worthy of an 8x10 on our living room wall. And so remains the family pic of when Eli was 6 months old!#46 Go to Vermont. Ended up going to New Hampshire instead because there were more waterfalls and trails there, and I found a very affordable cabin there for us to rent.

#47 Go to Long Island. Not going to do this one. We're out of time and it no longer seems to really matter anymore.

#48 Go camping. Did it! And it was fun! See the pictures HERE.

#50 Go an entire month without any TV. We've pretty much done this. A few months ago we moved our TV out of the living room and put it upstairs in our bedroom. So when we DID watch it, it would seem like something special instead of being a regular part of our days.

#58 Choose a couple hobby. It was going to be painting, but we haven't done anything with it. So we'll see if there's something else we can do together.

#77 Set up our will. I've really been wanting to do this ever since Eli was born, and finally this week we got it done! Wanted to take advantage of the free legal services we could get through the Navy!

#86 Organize magazine articles. I got them cut out of the magazines and in page protector sheets in my binder. And the rest of the magazine I can use for Eli to make collages before throwing them out.

#93 Put a med kit in the van. I think Kevin did this awhile ago.

#101 Finish touch-up paint on screen doors. Eh, it no longer seems to really matter, so oh well if it doesn't get done cuz we're outta here!

**How are you doing with YOUR goals??

4 comments:

bp said...

Hi Sarah,

I've changed my mind on continuing with Caleb's scrapbook as well. I have them from pregnancy and then do them by years of his life. I'm to May 2007 and decided to finish up this book with August 2007. Then I'm putting photos in albums. I figure when he starts school I'll want to do an album of special events or something.

That's great you could mark off so many things for your goals.

Sharon said...

Good for you, Sarah!
As for the weight loss, it's my experience the last 5 pounds are always the hardest to lose.
Just a thought (& what they suggest in Weight Watchers)-since you menu plan, could you look back to a week you had a good loss, and repeat that menu? Maybe those foods were items your body really needs.

On a different note-I love your family photos! You all look great together. :)

Holly said...

I think those latest photos of your time in NH are wonderful, even Eli's smiling!

Darla said...

Lol, I don't have any goals...get up, get dressed, put makeup on...this way I don't disappoint:-D Seriously tho' I should do something like this, it seems like a really fun thing to do and it probably feels great to actually 'check something off'!